Broken Google signature images?

Andrew Godfrey

May 24, 2016, 5:01:36 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone else experiencing signature images that no longer appear?

_______________________________________

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

Craig Knights

May 24, 2016, 5:05:08 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

We had that last week. Ours are hosted on our onsite webserver and for some reason the outgoing pages were linewize captive portals. Linewize didn't believe me at first.  Might not apply to your situation... but yup.  The portal exception list sorted it.  Mysterious.

Craig

Andrew Godfrey

May 24, 2016, 5:08:17 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Ours are just pasted in to google and I also tried to view images via a cellular connection but still no luck.

The image link just gives a 404 error from google.

Been transferred to a higher level of support person at google now.

_______________________________________

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

Rohan Meuli

May 24, 2016, 5:10:44 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Yep, same issue here, Andrew.

Cheers

Rohan@Our School

Andrew Godfrey

May 24, 2016, 5:12:48 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Have you contacted google yet Rohan?

What is your domain?

_______________________________________

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

Rohan Meuli

May 24, 2016, 5:14:35 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Not yet, just noticed it!  We're ourschool.co.nz.

Andrew Godfrey

May 24, 2016, 6:12:31 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Mmmmm - not sure whether I was escalated to a high enough level.

Was just asked to change the default link sharing settings for new google drive files (where signature images are stored) to "Anyone at Burnside High School who have the link can access the file." from what it was before "Only the owner has access until he or she shares the file.". Now I have to wait 24 hours before he will escalate it any further - aargh!

Was hoping that if enough people reported the fault they will actually escalate it quicker.

_______________________________________

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

Alistair Baird

May 24, 2016, 6:23:45 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Now you mention it, ours aren't there either.  Pasted images in Gmail.
Alistair Baird
IT Manager
St Peters College
p 06 354 4198
m 021 990 259

Andrew Godfrey

May 24, 2016, 6:28:29 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
All users in your domain Alistair?

The only way I've got them to work so far is to add the image to Gdrive first and then insert the image from Gdrive. Not quite a suitable final solution yet.

_______________________________________

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

Original signature

Signature inserted from local drive

Signature inserted from google drive

Alistair Baird

May 24, 2016, 6:29:38 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
I just looked at a recent user that i know had a signature, and there was just the image placeholder where their signature image normally is.

Raewyn Nicholson

May 24, 2016, 6:36:17 PM5/24/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Happening to our school as well.  Uploaded jpeg and shared drive jpeg - neither work. All users in our domain.

Raewyn Nicholson
Administrator

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or retain it.  If you have received it in error please immediately notify me by return email and delete the emails.  Thank You

Raewyn Nicholson

May 25, 2016, 3:43:19 AM5/25/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Just as a heads up.  Tested our system and logged a support job with Google today.  If the image was uploaded from Google Drive, now seems to be holding, did not do this early this morning.  If from another source (ie an onsite Server, personal laptop) is broken.
The lovely Google tech has lodged the issue and has noted that most of her support staff had the same call - overnight there was a change that no one has any idea about - as Admin checked the updates and have no knowledge about.  Google assure us they are all encompassing on every level - look forward to their update.

Raewyn Nicholson
Administrator

This communication is confidential and may contain privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or retain it.  If you have received it in error please immediately notify me by return email and delete the emails.  Thank You

Alistair Baird

May 25, 2016, 4:47:25 PM5/25/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update. Probably saved us all a lot of follow up time.

Rohan Meuli

May 26, 2016, 5:11:09 PM5/26/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Now working for me and I see others on the Gmail Help Forum saying the same.

Cheers

Rohan@Our School