anybody had their FMS admin console suddenly stop working

Kevin Whelan

Nov 1, 2016, 6:04:31 PM11/1/16
to Techies for schools
page not found?
IIS seems to be as normal
services all running
I first suspected a java update may have borked it but a full recovery to a previous state didn't help so suspect its been dead for a while un-noticed maybe windows update related?
kamar want me to uninstall and update to server 15 but I don't have the 8 hrs downtime it takes and can't even save existing schedules etc without console access.

I vaguely remember this happening many years ago and kamar just fiddled with a few java paths/caches and fixed it but theyre not interested now
can't believe its not recoverable

anyone with some filemaker smarts that can help me privately?

Andrew Godfrey

Nov 1, 2016, 6:34:56 PM11/1/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
FMS admin console often stops operating properly for us so we've found the following command helpful:

fmsadmin restart adminserver

_______________________________________

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

Kevin Whelan

Nov 1, 2016, 6:39:27 PM11/1/16
to Techies for schools

error 10007 object does not exist

Craig Knights

Nov 1, 2016, 6:43:14 PM11/1/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Have you read these posts?

ta
Craig

Andrew Godfrey

Nov 1, 2016, 6:49:37 PM11/1/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Haven't seen that sorry. Our java is still v8.73

Alistair Baird

Nov 1, 2016, 7:00:00 PM11/1/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
I think I had a similar issue once, rebooted the machine I think to fix.

Alistair Baird
IT Manager
St Peters College
p 06 354 4198
m 021 482 937

Alistair Baird

Nov 1, 2016, 7:07:26 PM11/1/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Stating the obvious I suppose, but it's http://localhost:16001/admin-console and do you see the java spinning circle start up? We're still using FM14 server and Java 8.0.1.

--
Alistair Baird
IT Manager

Simon - OBHS

Nov 1, 2016, 8:23:09 PM11/1/16
to Techies for schools
No issues here... Server 2012 R2, FM Server 15v1, Java 8u91. Our server is pretty well patched, Haven't done the October ones yet.

Have you tried removing and reinstalling just Java?

You could probably waste a lot of time trying to fix it, do you have reference to your current setup so you could remove and updated to version 15?
I know you said you cant save the schedules as you don't have console access, are you running custom schedules? ive only ever used the schedules that kamar provides. the other things are pretty basic, just the paths to the database really.
It doesn't take 8 hours to update filemaker server, maybe an hour all up.

Kevin Whelan

Nov 1, 2016, 8:27:38 PM11/1/16
to Techies for schools
no java spin at all just page not found, tried a couple of browsers in case

kamar reckon it has to be java 8u60 so I removed all previous java and installed that,rebooted no change
error 10007 from community is memory issues
reset script engine  fmsadmin restart fmse no change
tried wiping java cache etc, server has 14gig ram so plenty

WHS Ict Technician

Nov 2, 2016, 4:28:46 PM11/2/16
to Techies for schools
the update takes 30 minutes, an hour max.

now that 15 v2 is out, its probably best to bite the bullet and do the job.

Kevin Whelan

Nov 16, 2016, 10:04:49 PM11/16/16
to Techies for schools
has anybody with server 15 had any issues before I take the plunge and rebuild this dead server console from scratch?
 the filemaker forums are not very complementary about 15 and now v.3 has come out still leaving many issues for lots of people,considering we are halfway to v16 consensus seems  that 15 is a bit of a mistake
some are deliberately staying on 14
by chance has anybody run filemaker on server 2016 as an experiment?

flow in

Nov 16, 2016, 10:57:20 PM11/16/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
on 2012r2, we occasionally have hang ups on the clients (just dies while processing requests), not sure if it is a wireless ac issue with macs, or a problem with the server/clients.

Apart from that the update was straightforward and its been running steadily since.