Hapara Interact

kahuk...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2015, 10:51:12 PM6/11/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Is any one successfully able to get Interact to automatically install on their desktop computers running Windows.

We have both Chromebooks and desktops, and while the Chromebooks have next to no problems loading and running Interact. the automatic installation isn’t happening for most of our desktop users. At most one per class will be visible in Teacher Dashboard.

Richard Symon

Jun 14, 2015, 4:35:42 PM6/14/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I have had this problem as well, but more on BYOD devices, The student logs into their gmail fine and can go between emails and drive no problem at all, also use the chrome app launcher fine, but I found out they need to be logged into Chrome Browser itself for it to work (at the top right hand corner next to the minimize button there is a tab that should show their first name, or open the options menu, and click settings, and at the top, sign into chrome itself and link data)

try that.

Cheers
Richard Symon
Network Administrator
Napier Girls' High School

kahuk...@gmail.com

Jun 18, 2015, 6:47:41 PM6/18/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
We noticed it brings that sign into browser thing up sometimes and other times it doesn’t. I know there is a way to force the sign in to Chrome screen to come up every time they log in, through a registry key??

Cause if they don’t sign in to Chrome Browser then it can’t be guaranteed to work.

Sent from Windows Mail

Patrick Dunford

Jun 19, 2015, 10:58:01 PM6/19/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
I went over to GAFE support and ended up chatting to a Google rep, he backed up that you can only expect apps to install in Chrome if they log in to the Chrome browser as well, obviously not straightforward to achieve if the student sidesteps the login. There is a command line switch we are trying, you can startup Chrome with the switch and make it redirect to the browser login screen. There are various flakes with these approaches, they are not 100% foolproof.

The other option that was highlighted is being able to use Group Policy (on a Windows network) to push out apps to the browsers, which does not require them to sign in to the browser, but at the same time the GAFE support rep said they would not officially support this option.

P.S. if you are used to using email support so you don’t have to wait in a queue on the phone, think again. Google has redirected the email support link to some brilliant new support portal called Google Connect for Work, which I found extremely complex and simply could not work out how to open a case with it. The chat option was far easier and at least you can do something else while you wait for your place in the queue to come up, which in this case was instantaneous.

--
Patrick Dunford