Colour PCL driver for Mac

已查看 1,778 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Patrick Dunford

未读,
2015年9月19日 03:43:112015/9/19
收件人 techies-f...@googlegroups.com
We have Papercut MF running on a bunch of Ricoh photocopiers. Ricoh only
supplies Postscript drivers for the Mac, but these don't work with the
copiers that we have. The generic PCL driver that comes in OSX prints
well, but only in black and white.

How do I get a PCL driver for the Mac that allows colour printing?

Craig Knights

未读,
2015年9月19日 06:55:422015/9/19
收件人 techies-f...@googlegroups.com

We had to have them add ps to those copiers. They had to salvage the sd cards from somewhere...

Other than that.. they did suggest something else..  i might remember it's name in the morning..

Cjk

On 19/09/2015 7:43 pm, "Patrick Dunford" <kahuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
We have Papercut MF running on a bunch of Ricoh photocopiers. Ricoh only supplies Postscript drivers for the Mac, but these don't work with the copiers that we have. The generic PCL driver that comes in OSX prints well, but only in black and white.

How do I get a PCL driver for the Mac that allows colour printing?

Patrick Dunford

未读,
2015年9月20日 20:08:102015/9/20
收件人 techies-f...@googlegroups.com
After a bit of investigation this is what I found

If you go to this page you can download the packages for Foomatic and GhostScript and install them.

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/macosx/hpijs

I don't know if the HPIJS download is also needed, because I went to this other download page and downloaded the Ricoh drivers from there:

http://www.openprinting.org/download/PPD/Ricoh/PXL/

Once you get your Ricoh PPD you have to change a line in it to work with foomatic. Near the top there is a line which reads
*cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-pdf 0 foomatic-rip"

which needs to be changed to

*%cupsFilter: "application/vnd.cups-pdf 0 foomatic-rip"

After that I followed the same procedure as described in the Papercut instructions to add a printer: Advanced button then Windows printer via spoolss, fill in the URL and name etc, then click the dropdown list at the bottom (next to Use) to select "Other" and then browse to the Ricoh PPD file to install that driver.

Blake Richardson

未读,
2015年9月24日 19:52:462015/9/24
收件人 Techies for schools
Ricoh copiers have always caused headaches for Mac users. We use Xerox and have never had an issue with them, Xerox also support Papercut 100%
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子