Google Apps Email Weird Today?

Craig Knights

Nov 14, 2017, 5:12:28 PM11/14/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've got one staff member school gmail which is not sending or receiving email to or from other gmail addresses this morning.

I've checked google apps status, checked his account for filters or forwards..  etc

He sent one to himself from hotmail, that worked.

Anyone else seeing this?
Craig

Alistair Baird

Nov 14, 2017, 5:15:06 PM11/14/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Nope, been getting and sending emails inside and outside Google domain all morning no issues.

Alistair Baird
IT Manager
St Peters College
p 06 354 4198
m 021 482 937

Andrew Godfrey

Nov 14, 2017, 5:21:22 PM11/14/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Nothing reported here.

Have you checked the email log search in the admin console for email sent to?

Using the Browser front end or another app that isn't connecting properly to the server?

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

On 15 November 2017 at 11:12, Craig Knights <craig....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I've got one staff member school gmail which is not sending or receiving email to or from other gmail addresses this morning.

I've checked google apps status, checked his account for filters or forwards..  etc

He sent one to himself from hotmail, that worked.

Anyone else seeing this?
Craig

Alistair Baird
IT Manager
St Peters College
p 06 354 4198
m 021 482 937

Craig Knights

Nov 14, 2017, 5:22:39 PM11/14/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
browser, on his Macbook and an incognito window on my Mac desktop..

I'll look at the log, thanks for the tip.

ta
CJK

Andrew Godfrey

Nov 14, 2017, 5:28:02 PM11/14/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Could try Chrome or Firefox rather than Safari or try to log in to email on a completely different machine. May be a browser issue rather than an email one.

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

Craig Knights

Nov 14, 2017, 6:00:13 PM11/14/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
seems to be sorting itself out, his incoming and outgoing queues are slowly emptying..

shrugs,
Craig

Simon Wright

Nov 14, 2017, 6:03:20 PM11/14/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
his account hasn't been compromised has it? look at the details link at the bottom of the inbox and see if its loggin in anywhere else. maybe log out of all session and get him to change his password just in case.

Regards
Simon Wright
ICT Manager

Best for boys through the right learning
2 Arthur Street, Dunedin, 9016, New Zealand
p: 03 477 5527 | f: 03 477 5468 | c: 021 773 229 | w: obhs.school.nz

Respect - Whakaute | Courage - Toa | Honour - Hōnore | Perseverance - Manawanui | Excellence - Hiranga

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail is intended for the addressee only and may contain information which is subject to legal privilege. This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information that is confidential and subject to privilege. Its contents are not necessarily the official view Otago Boys’ High School or communication of the Otago Boys’ High School. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail or any information in, or attached to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately or return the original message to Otago Boys’ High School by e-mail, and destroy any copies. Otago Boys’ High School does not accept any liability for changes made to this e-mail or attachments after sending.

Andrew Godfrey

Nov 14, 2017, 6:45:41 PM11/14/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Outgoing queue ?!?

That's usually located on email servers or local non-browser clients isn't it? Have you got visibility through the admin console somewhere? Like to know if it is.

You could also look at those items that were delayed - view original - and then see what server they were actually held up on. Maybe there was one particular google server of the many they have that was misbehaving.

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

Vishal Prasad

Nov 15, 2017, 4:36:48 PM11/15/17
to Techies for schools
We're experiencing the similar issues.

Google Apps status -

11/16/17, 9:48 AM
We're aware of a problem with Google Docs affecting a significant subset of users. The affected users are unable to access Google Docs. We will provide an update by 11/16/17, 11:30 AM detailing when we expect to resolve the problem. Please note that this resolution time is an estimate and may change.

Vishal Prasad

Nov 15, 2017, 4:43:09 PM11/15/17
to Techies for schools

Staff and students are getting “captcha” prompt before proceeding to Google Docs and sometimes that is also failing.  Monitoring and waiting for Google to fix this service.

Regards,

Vishal Prasad

Systems Engineer

Diocesan School for Girls