Ipads on N4L

Patrick Dunford

Mar 10, 2015, 7:47:10 PM3/10/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Anyone having really slow connections on the App Store on N4L?

It seems to take our staff ipad users forever to download apps when they are connected to the school’s wireless network. We have wireless SNUP with Ruckus access points and the school’s internet connection is through N4L.

--
Patrick Dunford

Clayton Hubbard

Mar 10, 2015, 8:03:23 PM3/10/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Patrick

The team are aware of an issue that is affecting new version of MAC's and iPad's.

Could you please email us at sup...@n4l.co.nz and they will sort this out for you.

Clayton

Clayton Hubbard
Senior Engineer
0220430155

Julian Davison

Mar 10, 2015, 8:11:22 PM3/10/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Is this an issue that’s going to impact all N4L users? There’s a number of N4L schools around here with iPad’s (and Ruckus, if that’s relevant?) should we be pre-empting users having a bad experience by contacting support now?

J,

Note:
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please contact the sender immediately by return email or by telephone on +64 3 4718232.  In this case please do not act in reliance on this email or any attachments, and destroy all copies of them. The views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not necessarily of Decision1 IT Solutions Ltd.

This e-mail has been scanned by MailMarshal.  Any enquiries should be directed to :---: in...@decision1.co.nz

Clayton Hubbard

Mar 10, 2015, 8:21:16 PM3/10/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Not in all cases will this affect all users and standard troubleshooting steps should still occur.

This is the benefit of having the community and N4L are part of these groups to better understand challenges schools may be having.

If we see a trend of issues whether this be non-n4l related or visa versa, we will reach out where applicable to save on any "goose chases"

This specific issue with OSX devices connecting to the App Store has been identified. We have a number of items we are currently working through to find the best solution.

Clayton

Patrick Dunford

Mar 10, 2015, 9:54:01 PM3/10/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com, sup...@n4l.co.nz
We only have 6 ipads that are affected and I can put the iOS update onto all of them using Apple Configurator (the iMac is running Mavericks) so I think we will be fine.

Patrick Dunford

Mar 10, 2015, 9:54:04 PM3/10/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Looks OK for us right now.

The team are aware of an issue that is affecting new version of MAC's and iPad's.

Could you please email us at javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','sup...@n4l.co.nz'); and they will sort this out for you.

Clayton

This e-mail has been scanned by MailMarshal.  Any enquiries should be directed to :---: javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','in...@decision1.co.nz');