Minecraft using network logins

Blake Richardson

May 21, 2018, 8:05:47 PM5/21/18
to Techies for schools
We are about to start using Minecraft on a pod of Apple laptops that we have, the students all have network logins. I've noticed that MC wont open imported worlds and get stuck stuck while trying to save when leaving imported worlds.

The problem is related to the user having a network home rather than a local home, local accounts on the machines work perfectly.

Has anyone else come acorss this and how did you get around it?

Thanks!

Sam McNeill

May 22, 2018, 12:42:22 AM5/22/18
to Techies for schools
Hi Blake,

Are the students loading the imported worlds from the network share or from the local device ? Have you tried loading the imported world from a USB to isolate the issue?

I'll raise this with the M:EE support team as well and see what their experience on MacBooks has been as I've mainly used this on Windows 10

Sam

Blake Richardson

May 23, 2018, 4:44:50 PM5/23/18
to Techies for schools
Hi Sam

The file is being downloaded by the user, their home folder is stored on a network volume i.e. a roaming profile. I haven't tried loading it from a USB but will give that a go.

Sam McNeill

May 23, 2018, 4:53:55 PM5/23/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Blake,

The M:EE team are happy to help if you open a support ticket via the link I sent you off list.

I'll be interested to hear if the issue goes away loading from a USB volume which is not an ideal "fix" at all, but at least highlights the app may be struggling with loading worlds from netwoirk shares.