Access-IT Library URL change

Matt Strickland

Nov 23, 2017, 8:10:37 PM11/23/17
to Techies for schools
Hi All,

This morning Access-It change our hosted/cloud URL for their web interface to aiscloud.nz (without warning) for hosted users.
The desktop application already had the changes some time ago, but not the OPAC / portal URL which was pointing to accessitsoftware.com

This in turn has also broken the e-book platform that leverages user authentication from access-it (using SIP2)

I do notice other schools bookmarking the older URL on their websites / portal pages that no longer works.

I'm a little surprised that librarians didn't appear warned of the change, and no redirect?

Matt

Blake Richardson

Nov 26, 2017, 3:19:02 PM11/26/17
to Techies for schools
I would say if there was no notification they planned to make the changes in a way which people wouldn't notice i.e. a redirect however through chinese whispers that probably got lost in translation somewhere.