Email Signatures

Matt Strickland

Jun 11, 2017, 9:30:30 PM6/11/17
to Techies for schools
Hi All,

A job to do on the list (and being Office 365)  I can force an email signature image on the bottom of emails - but does anyone dynamically fill html content based on the user sending?
Or do most just have a user name / title signature with a forced image link that's publicly hosted?

Does any school generate a custom image with all content for each user? Or let users update their title/position as this can change term to term for us.

Matt

Simon Wright

Jun 11, 2017, 10:15:00 PM6/11/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
I created an html template with publicly hosted images for each user to edit with their name, position, and whether they want their cell listed or not. They just open the html file in a browser, select all, copy, paste, edit then save.

We do also have a disclaimer footer, which goes out on all emails. This is set in Google Apps.

While the vast majority of staff have done this, there are a few that just don't bother, no matter how many emails you send.

Regards
Simon Wright
ICT Manager

Best for boys through the right learning
2 Arthur Street, Dunedin, 9016, New Zealand
p: 03 477 5527 | f: 03 477 5468 | c: 021 773 229 | w: obhs.school.nz

Respect - Whakaute | Courage - Toa | Honour - Hōnore | Perseverance - Manawanui | Excellence - Hiranga

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail is intended for the addressee only and may contain information which is subject to legal privilege. This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information that is confidential and subject to privilege. Its contents are not necessarily the official view Otago Boys’ High School or communication of the Otago Boys’ High School. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail or any information in, or attached to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately or return the original message to Otago Boys’ High School by e-mail, and destroy any copies. Otago Boys’ High School does not accept any liability for changes made to this e-mail or attachments after sending.

Alistair Baird

Jun 11, 2017, 10:17:01 PM6/11/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
We have a signature generator (that I don't use) that creates a jpg with the school crest, user name, title and phone number that users can then just cut/paste into their email signature as a static image. Users need to enter their details, it authenticates against AD. It was written by my predecessor and I suspect it wasn't quite finished as there are enough flaws in it for anyone to fill in whatever details they want, but at least it gives a common consistent look.

Inline images 1

On 12 June 2017 at 13:30, Matt Strickland <ma...@zebis.co.nz> wrote:

Alistair Baird
IT Manager