Windows 10 and Fingerprint Reader on TELA laptops

Gillian Ellison

Sep 2, 2015, 2:45:54 AM9/2/15
to Techies for schools
I have just upgraded our last batch of TELA HP laptops to windows 10, teacher unable to register her fingerprint reader as the laptop is on a Domain. Does anyone know how to solve this? It used to work on Windows 7.....

Nathan Mercer (DEVICES)

Sep 2, 2015, 3:07:43 AM9/2/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Try uninstalling the HP client security software, and then installing the latest HP driver for whatever model fingerprint scanner they have used in whichever HP model you have.

Eamon

Sep 3, 2015, 3:26:57 AM9/3/15
to Techies for schools
Download HP softpaq utility it will interrogate your laptop and determine what drivers are appropriate for that model. It's a little bit annoying as it will list all the different drivers for the hardware that could go into that model but it is still pretty useful. Also usually on the HP site you can download a full driver pack to install for that model of laptop usually a 600 Meg + download but it can be very useful.

Matthew Strickland

Sep 4, 2015, 12:00:32 AM9/4/15
to Techies for schools
I have the HP 850G1 and only have the WBF HP driver installed (4.5.307.0 Rev.A 17 Jul 2015)
I'm only using Windows Hello (no HP software) so it works for logon, RDC etc. Not for storing credentials for applications.

Works fine, just need to setup a PIN first.

Matt
Karamu High School