Printing from Mac to windows papercut server

Patrick Dunford

Sep 17, 2015, 7:57:42 PM9/17/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Good morning

I am attempting to set up a Macbook printing to Windows hosted print
queues with Papercut.

Using the instructions
http://www.papercut.com/products/ng/manual/ch-mac-printing-windows.html#mac-printing-windows-scenario-one
(Scenario One)

At some point when Papercut PC Client was first run for this teacher it
popped up the familiar network logon box for their username and password
which I skipped because I didn't yet know their username and password.

Now that I have those details, Papercut won't popup regardless. The job
makes it to the queue, but as far as the server is concerned, they
haven't chosen which account it goes to (the function of PC Client), so
it will never make it to a printer.

PC Client is loading at logon and appears in the task tray (running
"Hidden" as per instructions) but it isn't actually doing anything
useful and they can't print anything.

Any ideas?

Mike Etheridge

Sep 17, 2015, 8:06:24 PM9/17/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Have you got the queue set as Unauthenticated in the PaperCut settings? If not, paperCut will try to use the credentials of the logged in user on the Mac instead of using the authentication popup. You’ve got to set the Unauthenticated checkbox to force use of the popup. Probably you already know this one…

Mike

Kevin Whelan

Sep 17, 2015, 9:43:55 PM9/17/15
to Techies for schools
go to keychain and delete the password for the printer and try again it will reauthenticate
On Friday, September 18, 2015 at 11:57:42 AM UTC+12, Patrick Dunford wrote:
Good morning

Any ideas?

Richard Symon

Sep 20, 2015, 4:53:28 PM9/20/15
to Techies for schools
I have had this also, what i have done is force quit papercut, uninstall it, restart mac, reinstall it and then run it and put back in teachers login details for the network.

I have tried the removing password from keychain and that never seems to work for me for papercut..

Cheers
Richard

Patrick Dunford

Sep 20, 2015, 6:15:06 PM9/20/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Pretty much what I did. I don't know much about the papercut print queue settings but they have to work for both PC and Mac so I haven't looked at them.