Kamar portal customisation

Alistair Baird

Jun 4, 2015, 10:33:36 PM6/4/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Anyone using custom pages for the Kamar portal ? We are trying to add a page under the portal umbrella, but get an error message from Kamar portal, and Kamar aren't helping, saying "all we need to know is on their webpage, it is unsupported".

It's just a test page - <?php echo "this is a test";?>

It shows on the Security Configuration page, we give it the permissions, it creates the portal menu, but when we click on that we get "An error was encountered" in a box, and the go back button doesn't work (cause Kamar have spelt history as hisiitory) in whatever script calls this page.

--
Alistair Baird
IT Manager

Ict Technician

Jun 5, 2015, 12:33:51 AM6/5/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Kamar not helping? how unusual.

sorry. it's friday. long week, KAMAR crashed twice on a bare metal re-install.

Kent Lendrum

Jun 5, 2015, 2:36:18 AM6/5/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alistair,

My helpdesk person whom you spoke to this afternoon did raise your issue with me following your call. I have reviewed your call and as always, there are two sides of the story.

He is correct in that we cannot realistically support schools custom web pages - they aren’t web / php developers.

However, we do support the web portal itself and from what you have explained in your call - he should have confirmed the issue wasn’t in the web portal itself.

Leave this with me and I’ll have the developer responsible for the web portal get in contact with you early next week.

regards

Kent.

Kent Lendrum

Jun 5, 2015, 2:47:47 AM6/5/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Flow-in,

I can’t find any recent calls, chats or e-mails from you regarding you having issues with KAMAR, which makes it difficult for us to help you.

Can you open the Console in the Utilities folder and grab the crash log that OS X will have written and forward it to our helpdesk to review. There will be a reason, just need to identify why.

thanks

Kent.

Robert Baird

Jun 5, 2015, 8:42:39 PM6/5/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
What happens if you take out the PHP code and just have some HTML?

Gerard MacManus

Jun 5, 2015, 8:52:25 PM6/5/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Is tge custom page saved as a .htm page or as a .php page?

Alistair Baird

Jun 6, 2015, 2:32:22 AM6/6/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Have tried both php and html. See Kent's earlier comment. If you follow the example letter for letter, dot 4 dot,  using the example "information" as the file, even that doesn't work.

Alistair Baird

Jun 7, 2015, 6:50:36 PM6/7/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
It turns out the pages are case sensitive. Your custom pages (if you follow the Kamar example, information.php) need to be all lower case (which is not specifcally specified on the documentation).

I found this out just as Kamar rang me back.

Kent Lendrum

Jun 7, 2015, 7:29:26 PM6/7/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alistair,

Glad you got it sorted.   We’ve updated our documentation to state that the php framework is case sensitive.

Also, I’ve been told the error page with the incorrect spelling of ‘hisiitory’ will most likely be in your web sites error page.

Kent.