Calling Novell/NetIQ/MicroFocus sites

Andrew Godfrey

Apr 18, 2017, 8:55:38 PM4/18/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi there fellow Novell followers,

Here at Burnside we are using OES, Filr, iPrint and ZCM within our environment and I was wondering whether anyone is also using these or even more of their products such as Mobile Management or Identity and Access Manager? Anyone still on Netware !?!?

We will also be moving our clients to Win10 across the board for 2018 so maybe we could share information.

Cheers

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

Keith Craig

Apr 18, 2017, 9:33:38 PM4/18/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Andrew,

Identity and Access Manager is on my list of things to look at – we are a Mac school and the Windows NAP server cannot manage non-windows clients. We moved to Microsoft servers a couple of years ago – 4x the licensing cost for the OS then add in the cost of antivirus.

Your best bet for assistance is Johnnie Odam at Escambia school district. I spoke to the techies at the Catholic Education Office in Canberra a couple of years ago – they were very strong on Microfocus.

Regards

Keith

Keith Craig BCom PGDipBus(IS) CNE
Systems Administrator