Allied Telesis SNUP switch warranty

Craig Knights

Jul 5, 2016, 11:03:44 PM7/5/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have an Allied Telesis 8000GS that I've had to take out due to a very noisy fan.

Are these things still under warranty, it was 5 years wasn't it?  Which is coming up fast!

Anyone warrantied one?  Who did you call?

thanks,
Craig

Julian Davison

Jul 5, 2016, 11:05:12 PM7/5/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
All the AT warranty stuff I've had contact with have been with AT themselves, who were always very helpful :)

Keith Craig

Jul 5, 2016, 11:07:05 PM7/5/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

I had a AT switch replaced under warranty a couple of years ago – actually the switch was a couple of months out of warranty but they replaced it anyway.

Tel: +64 4 566 4438 / 0800 114 141

Keith Craig BCom PGDipBus(IS) CNE
Systems Administrator

Ray Nickson

Jul 5, 2016, 11:08:44 PM7/5/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
We had a couple like that a few months ago, but they fixed themselves after being left turned off for a weekend, so we never got around to calling AT. Been running fine ever since.

Alistair Baird

Jul 5, 2016, 11:09:38 PM7/5/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Yep, just call the 0800 number, they know if it's still covered. Last time I had a noisy fan, they just shipped me the fan and I replaced it.
--
Alistair Baird
IT Manager

Alistair Baird

Jul 5, 2016, 11:10:28 PM7/5/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to add, they are in Lower Hutt, so it's kinda local.

Paul Batchelor

Jul 5, 2016, 11:32:01 PM7/5/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Craig,

Please see attached.

Paul Batchelor

Country Manager

Allied Telesis NZ Ltd

Mob + 64 21 660 347

tel + 64 4 566 4438 extn 7002.

Freephone 0800 114 141

AT-Product_selector_email

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information belonging to Allied Telesis. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, store, distribution or copying (either whole or partial) is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return and destroy all copies of the original message. E-mails are susceptible to alteration and their integrity cannot be guaranteed. Allied Telesis shall not be liable for this e-mail if modified or falsified. If you are the intended recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to access, review and disclosure by the sender's e-mail System Administrator.

A5 Support Card.pdf

Mike Etheridge

Jul 5, 2016, 11:39:50 PM7/5/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
I’ve got six of these spare, five used, one never out of box, probably all out of warranty, will consider offers. Have a number of fibre modules to suit.

Mike

signature.asc

Paul Batchelor

Jul 5, 2016, 11:47:12 PM7/5/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

We will take them.

Please call me.

Paul 021 660 347.

From: Mike Etheridge <mi...@etheridge.co.nz>
Date: Wednesday, 6 July 2016 3:39 pm
To: <techies-f...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [techies-for-schools] Allied Telesis SNUP switch warranty

Craig Knights

Jul 5, 2016, 11:56:39 PM7/5/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Excellent.  Thanks. Craig

Mike Etheridge

Jul 6, 2016, 12:10:23 AM7/6/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Having to leave site urgently right now. Will give you a call tomorrow.

Mike

Garth Johnson

Jul 6, 2016, 8:18:23 PM7/6/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Hiya. Just ring AT direct. They will point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Garth