Google captcha

Craig Knights

Apr 30, 2018, 9:00:15 PM4/30/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Anyone else on n4l getting "unusual traffic detected from your ip. Prove your not a robot. Etc Etc?   Multiple staff...

Cheers Craig

Simon Wright

Apr 30, 2018, 9:16:15 PM4/30/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
from where exactly? a particular site?

Regards
Simon Wright
ICT Manager

Best for boys through the right learning
2 Arthur Street, Dunedin, 9016, New Zealand
p: 03 477 5527 | f: 03 477 5468 | c: 021 773 229 | w: obhs.school.nz

Respect - Whakaute | Courage - Toa | Honour - Hōnore | Perseverance - Manawanui | Excellence - Hiranga

On Tue, 1 May 2018 at 13:00, Craig Knights <craig....@gmail.com> wrote:
Anyone else on n4l getting "unusual traffic detected from your ip. Prove your not a robot. Etc Etc?   Multiple staff...

Cheers Craig

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail is intended for the addressee only and may contain information which is subject to legal privilege. This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information that is confidential and subject to privilege. Its contents are not necessarily the official view Otago Boys’ High School or communication of the Otago Boys’ High School. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail or any information in, or attached to it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately or return the original message to Otago Boys’ High School by e-mail, and destroy any copies. Otago Boys’ High School does not accept any liability for changes made to this e-mail or attachments after sending.

Craig Knights

Apr 30, 2018, 9:17:05 PM4/30/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Google. Mail and search.  Will get a screenshot.

Mike Etheridge

Apr 30, 2018, 9:19:38 PM4/30/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Not seeing any problems, although appeared to be a bit sluggish an hour or so ago - subjective browsing experience, nothing showing on metrics.

Mike

On 1/05/2018, at 1:00 PM, Craig Knights <craig....@gmail.com> wrote:

Anyone else on n4l getting "unusual traffic detected from your ip. Prove your not a robot. Etc Etc?   Multiple staff...

Cheers Craig

Simon Wright

Apr 30, 2018, 9:20:21 PM4/30/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Working fine for me, no one else has made mention (yet).

Also, enjoying the new look gmail. a lot more modern and cleaner than before.

Regards
Simon Wright
ICT Manager

Best for boys through the right learning
2 Arthur Street, Dunedin, 9016, New Zealand
p: 03 477 5527 | f: 03 477 5468 | c: 021 773 229 | w: obhs.school.nz

Respect - Whakaute | Courage - Toa | Honour - Hōnore | Perseverance - Manawanui | Excellence - Hiranga

Jude Elliot

Apr 30, 2018, 9:45:18 PM4/30/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Yes at Darfield HS

Jude Elliot

Apr 30, 2018, 9:47:58 PM4/30/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Screenshot
image.png

Yvette Ireton

Apr 30, 2018, 9:57:30 PM4/30/18
to techies-for-schools
We had this happen about 3 weeks ago for many staff - after a couple of hours Google seemed to sort itself out and the message disappeared ..all has been fine since.

Screenshot

Yes at Darfield HS

[...]

Network Manager
Golden Bay High School
12 Waitapu Road, Takaka 7110
Ph:  03 525 9914
http://www.gbh.school.nz

Kent Champion

Apr 30, 2018, 9:57:54 PM4/30/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

I spoke to N4L at about 1 pm and it is the CHCH tower that is affected, they are in the process of moving us to another tower, but will not be completed until the end of the day.

To do with Google seeing everyone as one IP and wanting to confirm that you are human lel.

Kent Champion
Network Administrator/ HelpDesk Analyst
Kent.C...@waimea.school.nz

Pete Mundy

Apr 30, 2018, 10:19:30 PM4/30/18
to techies-for-schools@googlegroups.com schools

On other networks this could be resolved with the application of a little IPv6...

;)

Pete

signature.asc

Julian Davison

Apr 30, 2018, 10:22:27 PM4/30/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
There's far too little IPv6 in NZ :(

Pete Mundy

Apr 30, 2018, 10:28:30 PM4/30/18
to techies-for-schools@googlegroups.com schools

For anyone who is interested in using v6 at home, consider this ISP:

http://www.mynxnet.com/

No affiliation and not the cheapest, but I find them great. Every plan is flat-rate, static IPv4 and static IPv6 routed prefix! Now that's my kind of ISP :)

Pete
signature.asc

Julian Davison

Apr 30, 2018, 11:31:06 PM4/30/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Half as much again as I'm currently paying, and it doesn't like my address :)

Matt Strickland

May 21, 2018, 6:13:58 PM5/21/18
to Techies for schools
Happening today for us, mostly in google search.

Will give it an hour and see what happens.

Steven Boothe

May 21, 2018, 7:29:05 PM5/21/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Kia tatou,

There is a known issue with iPads with the QR Reader app causing this exact issue.

Could that be the issue for you?

Best regards,

Steven

Matt Strickland

May 21, 2018, 7:53:31 PM5/21/18
to Techies for schools
For us its happening on regular desktop PC, and chrome.
More than likely it will be site wide and anything using google search. Still having it happen at the moment.

Kent Champion

May 21, 2018, 8:06:52 PM5/21/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Matt,

If you connect via N4L, then you will need to contact them, waiting an hour does not work sorry to say.

The problem from past experience is to do with the N4L node that you pass through.

Regards

Kent Champion
Network Administrator/ HelpDesk Analyst
Kent.C...@waimea.school.nz

Steven Boothe

May 21, 2018, 8:18:27 PM5/21/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
From my understanding from my colleague who reported the issue to me is that the captcha was being triggered by the app on the iPads which was then felt when someone tried to login to their Google account on any device.

N4L advised it was affecting all schools connected under the same scansfe tower, they isolated the school to their own tower and narrowed it down to around 20-30 devices on the network which were all iPads.

They found that version 4.1 of the QR Reader for iPad app has bug in the URL's it uses for retrieving adverts and noted that updating the app to version 4.3 sorted the issue from re-curring.

https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/qr-reader-for-ipad/id426170776?mt=8

Hope that is helpful,

Steven

Pete Mundy

May 21, 2018, 8:29:03 PM5/21/18
to techies-for-schools@googlegroups.com schools

I was getting loads of it last Friday at a school I was visiting! It was so annoying that I stood up a VPN to route my traffic via home UFB link.

Thankfully with no noticeable decrease in speed :)
signature.asc

Matt Strickland

May 21, 2018, 9:30:15 PM5/21/18
to Techies for schools
Its coming to a grinding halt for us, but other schools have reached out to n4l as well.

We are not on a scansafe tower as we filter internally http://whoami.scansafe.net/

But very slow dns responses, n4l.co.nz was unresponsive for a while.

Matt

Craig Knights

May 21, 2018, 9:43:27 PM5/21/18
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Haven't noticed anything this time round.  N4L and Scansafe here down in Dunedin.

ta
CJK