Google Classroom can't share a Doc

Craig Knights

Nov 6, 2017, 5:45:56 PM11/6/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Our DP is trying to share a doc on the staff Google Classroom

He gets "Couldn't attach file. Make sure that you have permission"  in a red banner..

I've tried the obvious, checking the Google Doc permissions, same when attaching a file..

It's only this Google Classroom, for all "Teachers" including me.

There's a screenshot attached to this email..

Anyone?

Weird,
Craig

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 11.12.01 AM.png

Nick Steenson

Nov 6, 2017, 5:48:32 PM11/6/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
I had a teacher with the same issue the other day, but she resolved it before I could get to the ticket. I'll ask how and get back to you.

Nick

Nick Steenson
ICT Technician
Mt Aspiring College
p:+643 443 0463 (Ext 830)
a:Plantation Rd, Wanaka 9305
e:stee...@mtaspiring.school.nz

Nick Steenson

Nov 6, 2017, 5:50:10 PM11/6/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
That was quick:

Here it goes....
> I had them stored, for safety, in my private Team Drive...so I did think this morning "maybe this is the issue."

Once I shifted back to a standard Google Drive, the issue was resolved!

Sometimes being extra protective doesn't pay ;)

Are they stored in a Team drive?

Nick

On 7 November 2017 at 11:45, Craig Knights <craig....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Our DP is trying to share a doc on the staff Google Classroom

He gets "Couldn't attach file. Make sure that you have permission"  in a red banner..

I've tried the obvious, checking the Google Doc permissions, same when attaching a file..

It's only this Google Classroom, for all "Teachers" including me.

There's a screenshot attached to this email..

Anyone?

Weird,
Craig

Nick Steenson
ICT Technician
Mt Aspiring College
p:+643 443 0463 (Ext 830)
a:Plantation Rd, Wanaka 9305
e:stee...@mtaspiring.school.nz

Craig Knights

Nov 6, 2017, 5:56:15 PM11/6/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
No they're not.  I've even tried making them fully public.

hmm thanks,
Craig

Chris Magill

Nov 6, 2017, 6:44:59 PM11/6/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Craig,

It might be a "teacher permission" issue in Google Classroom, which can be solved by checking for and adding pending members in the Groups service.

You need to go to the Google Groups service website (either via the Google Management Console, or directly: groups.google.com). You are looking for a Google Group named classroom...@your.domain

Once you have located the classroom_teachers group in Google Groups, you can check the Group Membership --> Join Requests area and allow or reject any new teachers listed as "pending". Once the appropriate teachers are added as members of the classroom_teachers group, all permission issues should be resolved.

Kind regards,
Chris

Chris Magill
 | Director ICTS | HoD Digital Technologies
Ōtaki College | 233 Mill Road, Box 36 | Ōtaki, 5512
ŌC06 3648204 (ext 726) Mobile: 021 323191

Alistair Baird

Nov 6, 2017, 6:45:11 PM11/6/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Just a thought, is it a permitted file type ? Like docx, pdf etc and not a zip file or something.?

On 7 November 2017 at 11:56, Craig Knights <craig....@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Alistair Baird
IT Manager