Ruckus ZoneDirector ZD3000 / ZoneFlex 7982 AP

Patrick Dunford

Mar 15, 2016, 5:12:16 AM3/15/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Good evening

We have a ZD3000 managing 38 ZoneFlex 7982 access points. There is
currently a configuration with three SSIDs allocated across the entire
network.

We wish to add a fourth SSID to only one of the access points.

Is it feasible in this system to configure an extra SSID on a specific
ZoneFlex to add to the three already available network wide.

Thanks

Craig Knights

Mar 15, 2016, 7:08:34 AM3/15/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Yes using groups. I can explain in the morning...

Andrew Godfrey

Mar 15, 2016, 4:14:45 PM3/15/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
This is what we do:

Create a new WLAN Group and chose those WLANs that we want deployed to these "special" AP(s)

Inline images 1

Create a new Access Point Group and override the system default WLAN Group with the one created above

Inline images 2

Add the "special" AP to the AP Group either from the Group settings "Add more Access Points from System Default..." or from the AP settings dialogue.

Inline images 3
............or...............
Inline images 4

Andrew Godfrey  |  Network Manager

Pete Mundy

Mar 15, 2016, 8:19:57 PM3/15/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Yes.

As a side note, this article gives an interesting perspective on the effect on airtime availability from having multiple ESSIDs broadcast by many radios:

http://revolutionwifi.blogspot.co.nz/p/ssid-overhead-calculator.html

Pete