GAPS/GADS

John Driver

Jan 26, 2015, 3:21:46 AM1/26/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked and answered previously. I'm aware that Google is discontinuing the Provisioning API and am fairly sure that this is what GAPS (Google Apps Password Sync) uses. Does anyone know the steps required to move to the Directory API with GAPS. Is it even supported anymore? John

Tim Harper

Jan 26, 2015, 4:25:22 AM1/26/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

it does use the Provisioning API:

regards,

Tim Harper

Phone 0800 755 966 option 2 then 3 (SchoolZone)
Phone 03 443 5167 (DDI)
Mobile 027 443 1236
Fax 03 443 0491

t...@mtaspiring.school.nz
www.mtaspiring.school.nz

On 26 January 2015 at 21:21, John Driver <early....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked and answered previously. I'm aware that Google is discontinuing the Provisioning API and am fairly sure that this is what GAPS (Google Apps Password Sync) uses. Does anyone know the steps required to move to the Directory API with GAPS. Is it even supported anymore? John

Tim Harper

Jan 26, 2015, 4:26:16 AM1/26/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

it does use the Provisioning API:

Here's hoping they rewrite using the new API!

trevor storr

Jan 26, 2015, 11:46:00 PM1/26/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
--
cheers

Trevor

Trevor Storr
Director of eLearning, CantaNET http://educo.vln.school.nz
Waimate High School
Waimate
New Zealand

Bevan McNaughton

Jan 27, 2015, 12:27:33 AM1/27/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that Trevor - just installed it. I was wondering what was coming of the changes.
Cheers.
Bevan
Bevan McNaughton
Intranet Manager

Southland Girls' High School
328 Tweed Street
Invercargill 9812

trevor storr

Jan 27, 2015, 12:42:44 AM1/27/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Overall most of the api changes seem to be driven by features / security.  There's quite a trade-off with simplicity vs security though.  If you are not subscribed to  apps update alerts:

It is well worth it.

Tim Harper

Jan 27, 2015, 1:12:12 AM1/27/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
I rang Google today - they did not know if the new APIs will be supported by GAPS but it is good to know that at least GADS is going to continue.

I'm still waiting for my update email from Google so if I find out more I will post it here.

regards,

Tim Harper

Phone 0800 755 966 option 2 then 3 (SchoolZone)
Phone 03 443 5167 (DDI)
Mobile 027 443 1236
Fax 03 443 0491

t...@mtaspiring.school.nz
www.mtaspiring.school.nz

John Driver

Jan 27, 2015, 4:03:31 PM1/27/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys. I'll try the new version of GADS. Like you say Tim, hopefully a new version of GAPS that supports the Directory API will be available before April.

John
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to techies-for-schools+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

cheers

Trevor

Trevor Storr
Director of eLearning, CantaNET http://educo.vln.school.nz
Waimate High School
Waimate
New Zealand

Bevan McNaughton
Intranet Manager

Southland Girls' High School
328 Tweed Street
Invercargill 9812

cheers

Trevor

Trevor Storr
Director of eLearning, CantaNET http://educo.vln.school.nz
Waimate High School
Waimate
New Zealand

John Driver

Jan 30, 2015, 1:22:54 PM1/30/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
https://support.google.com/a/answer/3294747

GAPS has now been updated to version 1.3 which supports the new API's