Video Walls

Kevin Whelan

Nov 26, 2015, 9:45:58 PM11/26/15
to Techies for schools
has anyone got one or know of a reliable firm that deals in them cost effectively.

We are looking at one for a gymnasium for prize-givings etc so its not exactly high use or needs super high video quality just text photos and powerpoints.
Its just with the roof being so high projectors are just too labour intensive to put up and take down all the time and with scaffolding etc required not exactly OSH friendly.

Tim Harper

Nov 26, 2015, 10:17:11 PM11/26/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

we use our gym and a data projector at the moment rather than a video wall.

The projector is in a solid lockable box on the bleachers.  The screen is permanently mounted in a solid case on the wall.  It has a remote to allow us to raise/lower it.  In 10+years it has proved extremely reliable and there has never been a damage issue.

Video Walls are available - eg Sitech.  They had a 4-screen video wall at uLearn on two independent trolleys with a controller - it was run from a Macbook.  No idea on the price - contact ph...@sitech.co.nz

regards,

Tim Harper

Phone 0800 755 966 option 2 then 3 (SchoolZone)
Phone 03 443 5167 (DDI)
Mobile 027 443 1236
Fax 03 443 0491

t...@mtaspiring.school.nz
www.mtaspiring.school.nz

Tim Harper

Nov 26, 2015, 10:19:59 PM11/26/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
... meant to say we are streaming our prizegiving live tonight so after 6:45pm it will be here apparently!:

Nick might even move the camera around in the early stages too so you can see the whole layout.  He's probably reading these emails ....

regards,

Tim Harper

Phone 0800 755 966 option 2 then 3 (SchoolZone)
Phone 03 443 5167 (DDI)
Mobile 027 443 1236
Fax 03 443 0491

t...@mtaspiring.school.nz
www.mtaspiring.school.nz

Nick Steenson

Nov 26, 2015, 10:45:39 PM11/26/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

The live stream is just a surface pro 3 and a Zoom H1 microphone (to keep it away from fan noise) so don't expect production quality :-P

But you should get a fair idea of our setup in case you're curious.

Nick

Simon - OBHS

Nov 26, 2015, 10:57:20 PM11/26/15
to Techies for schools
Try Paul Davidson at Panasonic NZ (Paul.D...@nz.panasonic.com)
We haven't done any video walls, but we use him all the time for projectors

Patrick Dunford

Nov 27, 2015, 12:00:46 AM11/27/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Does the projector need to be high up. Do you have an option for a projector with a lens long enough to reach from the back wall.

Projectors these days can have very good keystoning adjustments for off-centre projection so there could be an option to have them side mounted at a level low enough not to require scaffolding.