Chromebooks on N4L Individualised Filtering

Patrick Dunford

Sep 16, 2015, 5:48:08 PM9/16/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
OK

So it looked pretty promising with our testing, we were all ready to roll out, and then someone thought to log the Chromebook out, and guess what? The certificate disappeared off the Chromebook.

So now I have this problem
  • The console cannot push the certificate down to the Chromebook automatically
  • If we install the certificate manually, it disappears as soon as the user logs off.

Either of these install techniques needs to be installing the certificate for all users on that device.

I have to do some more testing to see whether the problem is N4L blocking something the Chromebook needs, or the Chromebook blocking the certificate in some way.

Anyone else here trialling this?

Alan at Wadestown School

Nov 10, 2015, 3:34:12 PM11/10/15
to Techies for schools
Hi Patrick

Did you solve this problem? Have you found a feasible way to get the certificate onto the shared Chromebook for all users?

Alan Pugh
Wadestown School

Patrick Dunford

Nov 10, 2015, 4:32:24 PM11/10/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Using the Google Apps Console works because Google told us there are no per-device settings in that system. They are all per-user. So apply the certificate to the org unit that contains all the user accounts, or the top of the org unit tree.

We are having a different kind of a problem now with Chromebooks. When the HTTPS filtering is turned on, when the browser opens for the first time, they have to authenticate to N4L, then they get a 405 error in their browser.