advice on NAS that works as network home for both PC and MAC AD clients

Ict Technician

Mar 31, 2015, 8:00:12 PM3/31/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
I need some help.

I've managed to get home directories working for both PC and MAC clients through careful folder and ACL creation.
What i'm stuck on now is getting a device that works, reliably and with ACLs.
I had a drobo, but it was unreliable so it went back.
I was then assured by QNAP that their devices would work for me, so i got a TS-653 pro. It turns out that the QNAP forces an empty "Everyone" ACL on all folders and subfolders, which breaks OSX 10.7+ clients.
can anyone recommend a decent sized and priced NAS RAID (preferably with link aggregation) that will work in a mixed client AD environment? i'm at my wit's end...

Alistair Baird

Mar 31, 2015, 8:03:46 PM3/31/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
We use Synology RAID1 NAS boxes and also a larger RAID6 SAN array. Available form Compuetr Dynamics I think. www.cdlnz.com