N4L firewall changes in the weekend?

Craig Knights

Jul 21, 2017, 8:17:34 PM7/21/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Bit of a long shot..

N4L support is closed in the weekend, which is expected.

Due to a change of venue due to flooding I have Basketball NZ trying to livestream a game out, but the ports are not open.

Who would I call?  Spark?

I've tried the N4L Pi port with the testing static IP, but that's still hitting the filter.

any ideas?
Craig

Andrew Godfrey

Jul 21, 2017, 8:34:20 PM7/21/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Maybe a VPN between you and their usual venue and then out? Not a quick solution and may not work depending on N4L rules in place - back to square one.

We use that setup between us and our backup LAN at StAC using a pfsense box at either end just sitting on their respective lans. And we have N4L firewall and filtering turned off so don't need to worry about that either. Got another circuit out of the school not N4L?

Clayton Hubbard

Jul 21, 2017, 8:35:36 PM7/21/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hey Craig. I will get someone to reach out

Clayton Hubbard Senior Engineer 0220430155

Craig Knights

Jul 21, 2017, 9:05:08 PM7/21/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
many thanks to N4L and Masaki especially!

Sorted!
Craig

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 12:46 PM, Masaki Takeda <masaki...@n4l.co.nz> wrote:
Hey Craig,

So the port I opened for you is TCP 1935, please let me know how you get on :)

I’m available on 021666325 if you need to reach me, or email is just fine.

Kind Regards,

Masaki Takeda
Support Engineer
The Network for Learning Ltd

+64 21 666 325  DDI +64 9 222 0144  P 0800 LEARNING
A Suite 306, Geyser Building, 100 Parnell Road, Parnell, Auckland 1052
A PO Box 37118, Parnell, Auckland 1151