Clickview App for Windows 10

je...@apps.eggs.school.nz

Nov 15, 2016, 4:52:08 PM11/15/16
to Techies for schools
Hi

We are in the process of preparing to deploy Windows 10 and have found that the Clickview Player is not supported.  There is an app instead.  On the LTSB version of Windows 10 that we have, the app needs to be sideloaded.  We have requested and received the files from Clickview, had a consultant write a script to install it (including a cert) and then found that we need to have UAC turned on.  We don't have UAC turned on and I would rather not do that.

I would like to know what other schools that are using Clickview are doing?  We could just stick to the browser option and have no app installed.

Many thanks,
Joanne

Network Administrator
Epsom Girls Grammar School

Patrick Dunford

Nov 15, 2016, 5:11:04 PM11/15/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com

Get UAC on, people are fooling themselves that this is not desirable, every operating system has it now, people should be using it.