Bad Google Review

Craig Knights

Mar 20, 2017, 5:26:30 PM3/20/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

About a week ago spam bot type of thing added some fairly x-rated reviews to the Google result for ourselves at John McGlashan, and at Kaikorai Valley High.

I've flagged it, but it's still there, and now the school management have noticed.

Anybody got any leads on how to get Google to remove it faster?

Just get more people to flag it?

ta
Craig

Craig Knights

Mar 20, 2017, 5:26:45 PM3/20/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
A warning, the text of it is quite rough if you do Google it.

Nick Steenson

Mar 20, 2017, 5:29:45 PM3/20/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
We had a similar (though significantly shorter) review left on our Facebook page, for which we had no recourse beyond contacting Facebook to try to take it down. Unfortunately they deemed it as within their policies, so it stayed, and we just had to leave reviews turned off on the service (not the end of the world but we did have quite a few positive reviews we were proud of!).

Not sure how Google+ handles reviews, but perhaps a similar approach?

Nick

Nick Steenson
ICT Technician
Mt Aspiring College
p:+643 443 0463 (Ext 830)
a:Plantation Rd, Wanaka 9305
e:stee...@mtaspiring.school.nz

Yvette Ireton

Mar 20, 2017, 5:31:55 PM3/20/17
to techies-for-schools
Hi Criag

Have you tried http://www.theorb.org.nz/ - they are very quick and good at getting things removed.

regards
Yvette

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Craig Knights <craig....@gmail.com> wrote:
A warning, the text of it is quite rough if you do Google it.

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 10:26 AM, Craig Knights <craig....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

About a week ago spam bot type of thing added some fairly x-rated reviews to the Google result for ourselves at John McGlashan, and at Kaikorai Valley High.

I've flagged it, but it's still there, and now the school management have noticed.

Anybody got any leads on how to get Google to remove it faster?

Just get more people to flag it?

ta
Craig

Network Manager
Golden Bay High School
12 Waitapu Road, Takaka 7110
Ph:  03 525 9914
http://www.gbh.school.nz

Nick Steenson

Mar 20, 2017, 5:36:08 PM3/20/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Just to add my experience with netsafe (theorb):

They wanted to help, but at least with Facebook they had to wait until the Facebook official reply before going further, and they suggested that (at least with FB) it'll take a long while.

Let us know how the Google interaction goes though!

Nick

On 21 March 2017 at 10:31, Yvette Ireton <yve...@gbh.school.nz> wrote:
[...]

Mike Pullen

Mar 20, 2017, 5:36:37 PM3/20/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, as just a regular user I've flagged and submitted the naughty reviews for Google as inappropriate... Dunno how many "flags" have to be submitted to get Google's attention, but I suspect that Google will pay attention more quickly if there are a bunch people flagging the naughty reviews...

Mike

Blake Richardson

Mar 21, 2017, 4:40:06 PM3/21/17
to Techies for schools
Do you use Google Apps? If so contact their support and lodge a support ticket.