Apple Mac Screen Repair

Chris Magill

May 23, 2016, 1:28:40 AM5/23/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a student with a new Macbook - she has broken the screen and doesn't have contents insurance. Can anyone recommend the best place to get a Macbook screen replacement done in Wellington at a reasonable price?

Thanks very much,

Chris Magill | Director ICTS | HoD Digital Technologies
Ōtaki College | 233 Mill Road, Box 36 | Ōtaki, 5512
ŌC06 3648204 (ext 726) Mobile: 021 323191

Pete Mundy

May 23, 2016, 5:09:59 PM5/23/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris

My suggestion isn't for a repair shop in Wellington (sorry!), but I thought I'd mention them because their repairs are much much cheaper than any Apple Authorised Service Provider we've ever used. Even with return freight from NI I'm sure it would work out cheaper.

They source parts from China direct so replacement screens can sometimes take a couple of weeks. But to give a comparison, we had a MacBook screen replacement quoted at $750+gst from the local AASP and this guy did it for $190 inc GST!

Hope this helps :)

Pete

Patrick Dunford

May 23, 2016, 5:40:23 PM5/23/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
No one except Apple if you want to keep your warranty intact.

Tim Kong

May 25, 2016, 6:11:57 PM5/25/16
to Techies for schools
Hi Chris,

When I was at Seatoun, and for my personal repairs - I used Connect NZ for Mac related repairs - always helpful and friendly in my experience.

Cheers,
Tim

Chris Magill

May 25, 2016, 7:33:36 PM5/25/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much for your helpful replies Pete, Patrick and Tim. I have passed this information onto my student - she appreciates your help also!

Kind regards,
Chris Magill