N4L - Introducing Tahi

Tim Kong

Nov 26, 2015, 8:15:17 PM11/26/15
to Techies for schools
Afternoon all,

N4L has today released Tahi - our identity and access management eco-system.

Tahi brings together schools, Student Management System (SMS) providers and online application providers together in an ecosystem designed to simplify the provisioning and use of online education applications.

This short video we’ve created provides a simple explanation:

https://n4l.wistia.com/medias/lkhtznqu87

From today, Tahi is in pilot phase with a select group of schools, SMS Partners and providers of Tahi Enabled Apps.

Participating schools are acting in a testing capacity, helping us refine the product in preparation for a full launch in mid-2016.

Applications included in the trial include DB Primary, Google Apps, Microsoft Office 365, Pond and N4L’s Web Filtering, with many others to be added before launch.

When Tahi is launched next year, it will be available to all schools connected the N4L Managed Network and – just like the Managed Network and Pond – Tahi will be fully-funded!

Schools will continue to purchase their own subscriptions and licences to online applications, and once this is done they will then be able to provision the application for students quickly and easily using Tahi.

Throughout the pilot phase we will be working to bring more SMS Partners on board and grow the number of Tahi Enabled Apps, and the pilot may be extended to more schools as this happens.

More details about Tahi can be found at www.n4l.co.nz/tahi

Happy to answer any questions here, or please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,

Tim Kong
School Training Lead, The Network for Learning Ltd

D: 04 333 0017 ext 714 M: +64 21 835 664W: www.n4l.co.nz
A: Level 9, Bayleys Building, 36 Brandon Street, Wellington Central, Wellington 6011
P: PO Box 11487, Manners Street, Wellington 6142