Cloud Printing from Chromebooks

Ros Lee

Sep 27, 2015, 8:01:04 PM9/27/15
to Techies for schools
We are using GAFE and PaperCut at our school.  We have a number of Chromebooks and want to set up cloud printing for students.  I am wondering how other schools are managing colour printing from Chromebooks.  I gather we would have to set colour as the printer default.  I don't want to do that.

Thanks
Ros Lee
Otumoetai College
Tauranga

Gerard MacManus

Sep 27, 2015, 9:09:36 PM9/27/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Two print queues, one black and white the other colout

Gerard MacManus
Hobsonville Point Secondary School

trevor storr

Sep 27, 2015, 9:44:45 PM9/27/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Papercut does integrate with GCP  and has:
expensive printers can be put in the hold/release que

I've not done this myself, but it does look like it might meet your needs.
--
cheers

Trevor

Trevor Storr
Director of eLearning, CantaNET http://educo.vln.school.nz
Waimate High School
Waimate
New Zealand

Keith Craig

Sep 27, 2015, 9:55:15 PM9/27/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Scenario C – we have this as a “Follow Me” print queue with Papercut. Not just for expensive printers but also for laptops that are likely to roam more. Instead of trying to ensure the job goes to the right printer – send it to FollowMe then the student (or staff member) swipes their card to release the print job on the printer. Jobs left overnight get deleted – if a student has not collected their job by the end of the day almost certainly they will never collect it.

Keith Craig BCom PGDipBus(IS) CNE
Systems Administrator

Patrick Dunford

Sep 28, 2015, 2:27:47 AM9/28/15
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
They say it is still in development. During these holidays I am working on two deployments - one with Papercut and one without.