Relief management package?

Craig Knights

Sep 29, 2016, 4:50:42 PM9/29/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We've been using a relief management package from Datalogue..  It's FileMaker based, but doesn't seem to deal with multiple users well..  We'd like at least 2 users to be using it..

We're mostly a Mac place these days, and using Kamar.

What are you using?

Many thanks,
Craig

Alistair Baird

Sep 29, 2016, 5:35:35 PM9/29/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
We have a Kamar database, not sure how it works, but the Relief user was a Windows user, then she retired and I just copied the database files onto the new teacher's Macbook no problems. Could find out more, but the teacher is on holiday!!

Alistair Baird
IT Manager
St Peters College
p 06 354 4198
m 021 482 937

gre...@staff.cbhs.school.nz

Sep 30, 2016, 12:30:52 AM9/30/16
to Techies for schools
What does a relief management package do?

We do the timetabling-override side of relief in the SMS, which takes care of roll-marking and reporting on amount of relief taken/given.
To count as relief management I am guessing we're talking about maintaining continuity of curriculum delivery (e.g. notes between relieved and reliever - to augment their shared access to the course material in the LMS et al)?

- Ben.

Keith Craig

Sep 30, 2016, 2:15:54 AM9/30/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
We use Day Relief to handle the admin part of relief. It has all the teacher timetables and relief teacher details. Person organizing relievers puts in who is away, then assigns relievers to the classes & prints out a relief summary for the school plus individual timetables for relievers. This is the basis of the time sheet given to payroll for external relievers. Also keeps track of through the year of relief required & for internal relievers, the number of periods covered.
 The lesson plan should be in KAMAR- this has a standard print out with lesson plan and class list.
Our Junior Campus (Primary-intermediate) use a manual system but we use Day Relief for secondary. The Associate Principal who organizes relief is always quick to sign off the renewal each year. It is not a complex system - does one job & does it well. There are  probably a lot of features that would be nice to have but on the other hand a more complex system would be more expensive & probably more bugs!

Keith Craig
Systems Administrator
Dilworth School
Sent from my iPhone

Simon - OBHS

Oct 2, 2016, 2:19:46 AM10/2/16
to Techies for schools
Are they both using Datalogue at the same time??
Organizing relief here is shared between senior managers, they take turns per term. We are using Datalogue and i just added it into the Filemaker Server database folder. From there anyone can access it from the filemaker client.