Easy way to submit photos/video in a digital scavenger hunt?

Sam McNeill

Jun 23, 2016, 6:20:07 PM6/23/16
to Techies for schools
Kia ora katoa,

For Te Wiki o Te Reo Māori (Māori language Week) we are exploring running a digital scavenger hunt with 10 basic activities around getting photos/videos of different things e.g.

  • Take a photo of the most unique kakariki (green) object on the campus
  • Take a 5 second video of a Prefect/Staff member who can introduce themselves in Te Reo Māor
  • Record a waiata (song) or karakia (prayer)

Obviously the easiest way for students to engage with this is via their cell phones but the question is then how do we get them easily to submit these photos/videos to a "bucket" for entering the competition.

We could use Moodle, but then it needs to be an open course (or they register) but uploading from phones is not great in that.

OneDrive/DropBox usually relies on a client on the phone.

We want the lowest barrier of entry here for students.... which leads me to possibly email?!

I'm wondering if anyone here has done something similar and what tech have they used to collect in the digital files?

Cheers
Sam

Sam McNeill

Jun 23, 2016, 6:30:02 PM6/23/16
to Techies for schools
Actually, just following this up.

Using Dropbox's "file request" feature (https://www.dropbox.com/en/help/9090) work in a browser and doesn't require the DropBox app. This allows students to upload files easily and name them:

That'll do!

Mike Etheridge

Jun 23, 2016, 7:13:42 PM6/23/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Tried padlet?

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Sam McNeill

Jun 23, 2016, 7:24:24 PM6/23/16
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mike,

Does it support uploading of videos? I've used it for plain text before, but not videos...

Message has been deleted

Dave Young

Jun 26, 2016, 3:29:09 AM6/26/16
to Techies for schools

On Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 7:26:34 PM UTC+12, Dave Young wrote:
Hi Sam

I haven't tried this but it may suit - Use Google Drive as a drop box

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E3_1qMqXlE

(this is where I got the link from http://linkis.com/www.thegooru.com/HnTNV  )

Let us know if it works!

Dave