Windows 10 1703

Kevin Whelan

Apr 10, 2017, 8:25:13 PM4/10/17
to Techies for schools
New version is due out 11th, home version is already available
here is the additional Group policies that have been added
Windows-10-1703-new-GPOs2.xlsx

Daniel Nitschke

Apr 24, 2017, 5:28:13 AM4/24/17
to Techies for schools
VLSC haven't released an ISO yet (last I checked), but running 1607 in audit mode and using the upgrade tool works fine if you're eager to get it deployed.

Matt Strickland

Apr 30, 2017, 9:58:17 PM4/30/17
to Techies for schools
I performed the auto-upgrade on my own laptop from 1607 -> 1703 during the holidays. No issues tho I'm not a fan of in-place upgrades.

Just need to make sure Symantec is on 14.0 MP1 (14.0.2349.0100) or 12.1 RU6 MP5 for 'basic compatibility'
You will also need to reinstall RSAT tools if you use them. The 1607 tools work fine.

VLSC should be available today - tho a quick check now not quite yet - probably timezone delays.

Matt

Kent Champion

May 1, 2017, 6:38:48 PM5/1/17
to techies-f...@googlegroups.com