Configure Jenkins Widget for a Jenkins server with security

Amr Malik

Mar 31, 2014, 5:08:52 PM3/31/14
to team_da...@googlegroups.com
Hello there, I am able to configure a Jenkins project to show up on my dashboard but only when I disable security. We would like to have basic security on our Jenkins instance. What is the URL format I can use in the Jenkins widget configuration screen so I can pass it a userid/password or a token of a user.

Thanks so much!

Amr

Frederik Dietz

Apr 1, 2014, 2:24:54 PM4/1/14
to team_da...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amr,

try to use the following URL scheme for HTTP Basic Authentication: http://user:password@localhost/path.

Cheers,
Frederik

Amr Malik

Apr 1, 2014, 4:47:21 PM4/1/14
to team_da...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Frederik, that works!

Would love to see some rudimentary config locking functionality as this would allow us to publish dashboard url to non dev/admin type users (like our HelpDesk staff)

Cheers,

Amr