Opinions on Openbuild's new C-Beam extrusions and linear actuators?

Jeremiah Davis

Apr 10, 2015, 5:47:14 PM4/10/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking of building a small combination cnc router/mill and 3d printer. I've been going over all kinds of different options for linear motion, and today came across this new product which looks pretty nice to me. I'm curious what others here may think of this stuff.

http://openbuildspartstore.com/c-beam-linear-actuator-bundle/

My goal is to have something stiffer and better at milling harder materials like aluminum than the Shapeoko 2, without breaking the bank. The design I'm considering would be similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tkm5cUOVtSo with a moving table Y axis and fixed X axis gantry.

Thoughts?