Tools List?

Matt C

Feb 27, 2018, 10:43:35 AM2/27/18
to tcmaker
Is there a list somewhere on the website that shows what different tools are available?
I have kind of an odd request... looking for an english wheel. But can't tell what's available here.

Sebastian Wiers

Feb 27, 2018, 11:42:37 AM2/27/18
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
There is no central or up to date listing that I'm aware of, the best
would probably be whatever is in the wiki.
https://www.tcmaker.org/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Equipment

We do not currently have an English wheel, or really much of anything
in the way of sheet metal / forming tools. I'd be interested in
seeing more of that sort of thing, but finding space for it would be a
challenge.

- Sebastian
-- ₴ɘƀᴀᶊŧᵻⱥȵ ₩ἴᶒᵲᴤ

j...@tcmaker.org

Feb 28, 2018, 11:10:27 AM2/28/18
to tcmaker
Matt,

We do not have an english wheel in the metal shop.  However, we have a member who cut a half sphere into the top of a stump - and uses that to get rounded bowl shapes w/alot of success!

As for inventory - there is a complete inventory of Wood Shop items on the main tool bench w/general locations of all tools.

The other departments don't have a formal inventory yet (soon to be coming though).

For security reasons - the full list of inventory will not be posted online - just the major tooling (i.e. the big stuff) - which is at the wiki that Seb. mentioned.