TCMaker Minne-Faire needs you!

Scott Hill

May 16, 2016, 6:43:23 PM5/16/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Minne-Faire is this weekend, and honestly we’re in kind of a jam. Jude, who was doing the organizing, has gone to ground and no one’s had any luck getting in contact with him. So I’m taking over the show-runner job, and I’ve got almost no idea of who’s going to be exhibiting.

So I’m asking for a whole bunch of help:

If you’re going to be exhibiting at Minne-Faire, please send an email to fa...@tcmaker.org.
This way I’ll start getting an idea of how we’ll need to do the layout on Friday.

If you’ve got something to show, please please consider showing it!
If you’ve got things you made at the shop, or if you want to do some demos, I’d greatly appreciate it. (I think some laser demos would be nice, especially with some of the more offbeat materials — leather, stone, cloth, etc.)

We need people to help arrange the shop on Friday.
I’m going to try to be at the shop at noon on Friday, pending approval of some time off from work. We need to clean things up and move some things out of the way so that there’s places for exhibitors.

Please get the word out to other members who might not be on this mailing list. Oh, and if you’ve got any news about Jude, please let the board know -we’re really worried about him right now.
--
Scott Hill
Vice President

Graham Smith

May 17, 2016, 1:26:15 PM5/17/16
to tcmaker
I'll be out of town, but if you guys want to have Catapult Zone there we can arrange a time for someone to pick it up at my house (10 minutes from the Hack Factory).

Pete McKenna

May 18, 2016, 10:21:45 AM5/18/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

Have a robotics comp Saturday, and a team picnic Sunday, i dont know if Reid or other CNC folk will be around. I have the couple of foam items I made in the front case. I'll try and round up more stuff and perhaps can run a slideshow on my machine, of pictures of it making various things.

Let me know if you hear from Reid or Alex or others and I can try and coordinate with them, and also if Jude turns up.

Thanks
Pete

KellyM

May 18, 2016, 11:41:29 AM5/18/16
to tcmaker
I can help out on friday, I have a convergence meetup that starts around 3:00, but can be there from about 9:00 to 2:30 on Saturday.

Scott Hill

May 18, 2016, 2:00:06 PM5/18/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks folks, all of that will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 18, 2016, at 10:41, KellyM <kmurp...@gmail.com> wrote:

I can help out on friday, I have a convergence meetup that starts around 3:00, but can be there from about 9:00 to 2:30 on Saturday.

Scott Hill

May 18, 2016, 2:02:14 PM5/18/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Graham, Catapult Zone is always a hit! Would it be possible to pick it up on Friday some time?

Sent from my iPhone