Shapeoko kit has arrived!

DanBackslide

Jun 19, 2014, 9:09:48 PM6/19/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Our Shapeoko kit has arrived! I checked it over earlier this evening -- all the pieces are there. So I think we should maybe start putting it together. Who'd be up for Saturday late afternoon/evening (say 5PM)?

Pete McKenna

Jun 19, 2014, 9:26:46 PM6/19/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I think so, I'll double check.
Pete

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 8:09 PM, DanBackslide <kc0...@gmail.com> wrote:
Our Shapeoko kit has arrived! I checked it over earlier this evening -- all the pieces are there. So I think we should maybe start putting it together. Who'd be up for Saturday late afternoon/evening (say 5PM)?

Pete McKenna
pete.m...@gmail.com

Mark Holden

Jun 19, 2014, 10:39:24 PM6/19/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

I believe that will work for me also.

Jim Wygralak

Jun 19, 2014, 11:37:36 PM6/19/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

Wish I could, but I have other commitments.

Jon Atkinson

Jun 20, 2014, 9:23:19 AM6/20/14
to tcmaker

Same here. Can we set something up for next week?

On Jun 19, 2014 10:37 PM, "Jim Wygralak" <jim.wy...@gmail.com> wrote:

Wish I could, but I have other commitments.

Sebastian Wiers

Jun 20, 2014, 11:12:23 AM6/20/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I'll probably be at the shop anyhow, would be interested in learning /
lending a hand.
-- ₴ɘƀᴀᶊŧᵻⱥȵ ₩ἴᶒᵲᴤ
46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
---
"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone."
- Bjarne Stroustrup, creator of the C++ programing language

Riley

Jun 20, 2014, 12:24:44 PM6/20/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

One of our members, Dave, whose last name I can't find, has one at home.  If I see him or find his contact info I will loop him in.

Jon Atkinson

Jun 20, 2014, 1:06:17 PM6/20/14
to tcmaker
I'm super excited about this, but I have no idea what I'd want to make with it.

DanBackslide

Jun 20, 2014, 2:24:13 PM6/20/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I've posted on the blog, we'll at least get started tomorrow afternoon at 5pm. We'll see how far we get, I'm not going to push hard to finish it. I don't want to make stupid mistakes because we were rushing to get it done.

If we do happen to finish, for sure we won't run a job on it. I want to save its inaugural run for a Wednesday.

Pete Mckenna

Jun 20, 2014, 5:13:28 PM6/20/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Wouldn't you just make the inverse of what you 3D print? ;)

Jon Atkinson

Jun 20, 2014, 5:16:08 PM6/20/14
to tcmaker
Yes, but I have no idea what to do with my 3D printers either. It's good that people ask me to print stuff. I just like making the things that make the things, and not making the things themselves.

Mark Holden

Jun 22, 2014, 8:06:23 PM6/22/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

Assembled, not wired or adjusted yet.