Resurrection of Operations Game for Maker Faire

Jonathan Alt

May 8, 2017, 10:52:52 AM5/8/17
to tcmaker
WHEN: Wed - May 17th @ 6:30 pm

June 3rd We will be setting up a Booth at the Mini Maker Fair.

This year, we'd like to bring the life sized operation game along with us! In order to do so we will need community members to help:

1) Give it a good cleaning - Maybe Touch up the Paint Job if we get someone with a steady hand.
2) Test/Diagnose/Repair Electronics and game pieces (for sure the nose needs a new bulb - not sure how functioning it is otherwise.)
3) Attach Fold-able legs
4) Add the TC Maker Logo to it.
5) Design a Way to Store/Display it while its at the Hack Factory

Jim Wygralak

May 16, 2017, 12:19:00 PM5/16/17
to tcmaker

Being one of the original creators of the Operation game, I feel the need to be there for this.
I haven't been around the Hack Factory much, for some time, due to life & other circumstances.
It will be nice to stop in, meet new folks & catch up with old ones.

Chris Gallaty

May 16, 2017, 12:22:06 PM5/16/17
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
We have enough wall space, can we just hang it up as art when its not in use?

Chris Gallaty
EveryB1T, Inc.
612.867.5572

Sebastian Wiers

May 16, 2017, 4:33:53 PM5/16/17
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
We already do (or did).

Jonathan Alt

May 17, 2017, 8:32:09 AM5/17/17
to tcmaker
Yes,

It has been previously been hung on the wall by its side - plan is to hang it upright/vertical on the wall - and put it on a pully system so it isn't a pain to get down...

Jonathan Alt

May 17, 2017, 8:35:11 AM5/17/17
to tcmaker
I'm excited to meet you!

By chance - do you know what type of battery was used to power it...I'll try to pick a battery up for it tonight before I arrive if I can.

Jim Wygralak

May 17, 2017, 1:00:12 PM5/17/17
to tcmaker
When I built it, it was powered by 2 6V lantern batteries, in series. The buzzer and nose bulb (Genuine AxeMan parts!) were both 12V.

Jonathan Alt

May 17, 2017, 2:36:22 PM5/17/17
to tcmaker
Awesome - thanks for the info...if I can't stop and grab some, I'll have my variable power supply with me...either way - we'll get it buzzin' tonight :-)

George Gelly

May 17, 2017, 3:23:54 PM5/17/17
to tcmaker
Has anyone seen the tweezers that go with the game?

Steve McGrath

May 17, 2017, 3:26:33 PM5/17/17
to Twin Cities Maker
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 2:23 PM, George Gelly <geo...@gelly.net> wrote:
> Has anyone seen the tweezers that go with the game?

Have you checked inside the wiring/battery cavity? They usually got
stored in there. If not, you'll be needing 10' of wire, a 1/4"
headphone plug, and a pair of barbecue tongs :)

-McSteve

--
If it ain't broke, you're not using a new enough version

George Gelly

May 18, 2017, 6:39:25 AM5/18/17
to tcmaker
Yup... found them.  Thanks!

Jonathan Alt

May 18, 2017, 12:56:35 PM5/18/17
to tcmaker
Hey - Big Thank you to George, Kat, and James for stopping in last night and putting much needed TLC into this game!

Hundreds of people are going to see and play with this June 3rd at the Maker Faire - I'm looking forward to it!!

Today/Tonight we might end up getting a second coat of paint on it and/or get it hung up in the shop.