tubing bender?

Sebastian Wiers

Nov 25, 2015, 2:13:37 AM11/25/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I remember talking to another member recently about getting a decent
quality tubing bender. The idea was to maybe pool money to buy one to
donate to the space and have available for use, maybe with some %
matching funds from TCM.

Turns out they can be had cheaper than I thought. JD Squared has an
entry level model for $295 (dies seprate) that will do up to 2" chromo
.095 wall. Does lack some of the lux features of more expensive
models (anti-spring back, hydraulics) but seems a solid tool with a
wide rep. The model 32 is thier heavy duty version of the same
design, for only $100 more might be a good idea. The dies are pretty
damn spendy though - for 2" tube, they cost as much as the bender!
Might maybe be possible to make em, certainly no harm in trying.

https://www.jd2.com/p-67-model-32-bender-manual.aspx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1cAaOkuvRs

-- Seb