Table Saw Trick?

Patrick Stein

Jun 24, 2014, 11:22:33 PM6/24/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Am I missing some trick with the big safety table saw? The wheel to adjust the blade height seems to be disengaged from whatever it is supposed to engage with. The wheel spins easily and freely (when unlocked). The blade stays still.

-- Patrick

Pete Mckenna

Jun 25, 2014, 6:16:40 AM6/25/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I think that's a recurring issue with the saw perhaps related to the trauma of firing the brake.

Pete

On Jun 24, 2014, at 10:22 PM, Patrick Stein <p...@nklein.com> wrote:

> Am I missing some trick with the big safety table saw? The wheel to adjust the blade height seems to be disengaged from whatever it is supposed to engage with. The wheel spins easily and freely (when unlocked). The blade stays still.
>
> -- Patrick

Jude Dornisch

Jun 26, 2014, 4:13:02 PM6/26/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
The Key that locks the handle to the shaft of the table adjust has come loose or out. This is a small rectangular flat piece of metal that fits in the shaft and the keyway in the wheel handle. What happens is that the height adjust wheel knob is loosened too much, the wheel slips forward and the key get torqued out.

People, Don't over loosen the lock down knob.