Introduction

Misha Tikh

Jun 30, 2014, 12:00:08 PM6/30/14
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just joined this week and wanted to briefly introduce myself.  I am very exited to join the community as well as the physical space.

I am a mechanical engineer and an amateur maker, some skills I can bring to the table are 3D printing (built and rebuild my own printer for the past two years, as well as put out some designs.) I am also proficient in a couple CAD packages: particularly SolidWorks, Sketchup, and AutoCAD.  Always looking to join and help out with interesting projects!

What I am most exited to learn is all kinds of metal work, as I've never had access to a shop before. Already signed up for the mill class this week and looking forward to any other classes such as the lathe and welding.  Also very eager to get cleared on the laser cutter and CNC machines, do I need to wait until the next class opens up or would it be possible to find someone to teach me one-on-one?

Looking forward to meeting you all and creating some cool stuff!

Jon Atkinson

Jun 30, 2014, 12:44:01 PM6/30/14
to tcmaker

Hi Misha,

I'm glad you joined, I guess my tour was acceptable. We can always use more CAD folks.

There are a few people that can check you out on the laser, me included. Check out is free, but Riley does a great class that I highly recommend.  I hope some of our better metalworkers can put together a class, since I'd be interested in that myself.

Welcome,
Jon