CACert assurers?

Erik Jepsen

Nov 5, 2015, 11:46:32 AM11/5/15
to tcmaker
Hi there!

I'm hoping to meet some CACert assurers in the TC area, possibly as soon as the weekend of the 14th, and was told by a former TCMaker member this was the place to look.  I've got a bit of a drive from Watertown (SD) to overcome, so my getting there will likely hinge on the weather being nice, but optimistically, that weekend is when I'd like to head in.  Please e-mail me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks all!

Erik Jepsen

Michael Englehorn

Nov 5, 2015, 4:22:37 PM11/5/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com, eje...@gmail.com
On 11/5/2015 10:46 AM, Erik Jepsen wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I'm hoping to meet some CACert <https://cacert.org/> assurers in the TC
> area, possibly as soon as the weekend of the 14th, and was told by a
> former TCMaker member this was the place to look. I've got a bit of a
> drive from Watertown (SD) to overcome, so my getting there will likely
> hinge on the weather being nice, but optimistically, that weekend is
> when I'd like to head in. Please e-mail me if you have any questions or
> concerns.

I'm an assurer for CAcert.

If you'd like to be assured, bring 2 forms of government issued photo ID
as well as the assurance form and I can assign you some points. Let me
know a bit in advance again too so I can remember! :)

I'll warn you in advance: I don't have the ability to assign too many
points as I'm a fairly new assurer.

There should be a couple more assurers here too.

Thank you,
Michael Englehorn

Eric Osterberg

Nov 5, 2015, 6:07:25 PM11/5/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com, eje...@gmail.com
Thanks Michael,

I'm the person who recommended Erik reach out to the Hack factory list.
I know we have several other people with CAcert assurance abilities.
I would be handy to get all of us in one place and add more assurers in one place.

Anyone else?

orion

Nov 5, 2015, 10:39:14 PM11/5/15
to tcmaker
If i know what day i can do some points as well.

Erik Jepsen

Nov 6, 2015, 7:34:49 AM11/6/15
to tcmaker
My preference is for Sat, Nov 14, but if it's going to work better for everyone else, I'll reschedule for Nov 15.  It's going to be a 4 hr. drive for me, so weather is also going to play a role this late in the year.

Erik

Kelly Murphy

Nov 6, 2015, 6:39:59 PM11/6/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

I could use a few more points as well, I have 20 now so if a few more Assurers show up hopefully I can get up to 100.

Eric Osterberg

Nov 6, 2015, 7:21:51 PM11/6/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
With enough people participating, we can maybe take someone from zero to useful to others!
I'm at 150 can can't get any higher. I began in Chicago as a seed for the US. Would be nice to get a strong community going in the Twin Cities,

Something else everyone way be interested in, I received news the beta is active and I've been given the green light to start issuing working certificates for https://letsencrypt.org/  - That's my weekend project. They're valid for 90 days and automatically get reissued/renewed with an agent installed on the servers.

Michael Englehorn

Nov 7, 2015, 5:18:50 PM11/7/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I've gotten the green light for the letsencrypt beta too! :D I just need to upgrade my webserver because their client doesn't work on CentOS 6. :(

Erik Jepsen

Nov 8, 2015, 8:51:55 PM11/8/15
to tcmaker
Hey folks!

I got my first 10 points today in Omaha.  AFAICT, Minneapolis and Omaha seem to have the closest assurers with Omaha actually being slightly further away...In any case, the assurer, Al Heisner, suggested I take a peek at the TTP Assurance program.  As I read it, the program is currently under review to make sure it passes audit muster.

Is that your understanding as well?

Erik

orion

Nov 11, 2015, 2:37:32 PM11/11/15
to tcmaker
what time is everyone thinking.

Eric Osterberg

Nov 11, 2015, 3:16:41 PM11/11/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Sunday at 2pm works perfectly for me. Does that work for EriK Jepsen?

Eric Osterberg

Nov 11, 2015, 3:17:12 PM11/11/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Instead how about 1pm as I'll be onsite for the CNC group at 2pm.

Erik Jepsen

Nov 12, 2015, 5:30:44 PM11/12/15
to tcmaker
The weather looks like it'll be agreeable the whole weekend.  I think, Eric, you're the only one that has expressed a preference, so Sunday, ~1:30.  I won't be able to stay much past 3pm, though.

If any assurers can't make it Sunday, I am going to try to come in Sat. and stay overnight.

See you soon!

Erik

Eric Osterberg

Nov 14, 2015, 6:25:40 PM11/14/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

Just a reminder that there will been a meeting at 1:30pm tomorrow for anyone interested in assuring or being assured for the CACert program. www.cacert.org.

Please bring your ID (multiple preferred if you have them) and completed application forms.

The Hack Factory is located at:
3119 E 26th St, Minneapolis, MN 55406

orion

Jeremy Mooney

Nov 14, 2015, 11:41:43 PM11/14/15
to tcmaker
Given the likely overlap on interest and already verifying identities, are people planning to bring GPG/PGP fingerprints and do a keysigning too?

Eric Osterberg

Nov 14, 2015, 11:43:39 PM11/14/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I hadn't thought about it but certain could do that as well.

Erik Jepsen

Nov 20, 2015, 9:24:15 AM11/20/15
to tcmaker
I just wanted to thank everyone who stopped by to assure.  I was amazed by how many people showed up.  Thanks to you all, I am now able to assure folks out of the Watertown, SD area, so if you know anyone who needs some extra XP, by all means send them my way.

Again, thank you all for coming.  Wow.

Erik