The rainy season

Jeff Sampson

May 9, 2017, 2:31:06 AM5/9/17
to tcmaker
I didn't find any contact information of the big fancy wood lathe. But I did notice that it gets wet when it rains.

I closed the windows tonight when it was mildly raining and I noticed the lathe was wet. Since it is the season when the windows will probably be open 90% of the time and it can't be expected that people will close the windows when it is raining, the owner of the lathe may want to move it or make a cover to keep the rain off.

Also, whoever knows about the ham radio stuff may want to decide which radios they want to get wet. Since the table is next to the only window that opens. There is a chance that the left edge of that table is going to get rain. So maybe the more expensive radios should be on the right hand side. Or maybe make a shield/wall on the right side of the table to shield from rain.

These are just things I noticed as I was closing windows...

- Jeff Sampson

David Schuett

May 9, 2017, 3:51:07 PM5/9/17
to tcmaker
Thanks for the info.

Currently we have plans to move the lathe to a different location for safety reasons, the water just gives us reason to move faster I suppose.

Jonathan Alt

May 15, 2017, 4:34:01 PM5/15/17
to tcmaker
I ended up putting a tarp over it for protection.