Mentor for 8th grade project

augus...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2016, 6:48:13 PM9/28/16
to tcmaker

Hello,

       My name is August and i am seeking a mentor for my school project. I am a student at City of Lakes Waldorf School, and every 8th grader does a big independent project. I am interested in transportation robotics, building simple RC cars, planes, drones and boats. My mentor and I would meet at least one time per month until around April. I have some experience with robotics and have basic programming skills. If you or someone you know are interested in mentoring me, please reply.

Thanks,

August S.N.

P.S. It has to be an adult.

Jonathan Alt

Oct 4, 2016, 11:39:54 AM10/4/16
to tcmaker
I'm going to post your request in our facebook group...maybe this will get a few more views there.

augus...@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2016, 6:01:35 PM10/4/16
to tcmaker
ok thanks

Terry Faust

Oct 5, 2016, 2:19:31 AM10/5/16
to tcmaker
August,

I built a combat robot for Mech Wars, a Twin Cities combat robot group. I grant you, it may not be where you are going with robotics, but I have experience with RC controlled robots. I built a flame throwing robot from scratch, and developed all the physical elements of robotic construction and control. I used a four channel RC transmitter and servos to control its movements and weapon. In essence, I can help you make a very sturdy radio controlled robot. Terry

augus...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2016, 9:29:03 PM10/11/16
to tcmaker
Hi Terry