3/8" ball bearing local source?

pintst...@gmail.com

May 8, 2016, 1:43:05 PM5/8/16
to tcmaker
I printed one of Tulio Laanen's Marble machines only to find that all of my marbles are too big for it! I then made some 3d printed "marbles" but they don't have the weight to load in the spiral elevator right.  The design is made for 3/8" ball bearings and I would like to have them by may 13th for the Maker faire education day.

Does anyone know of a place to buy 3/8" ball bearings around the twin cities?  I can order them from menard's website and pick them up in store but it looks like menards doesn't normally carry them. http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/fasteners-fastener-accessories/specialty-fasteners/bearings/3-8-ball-bearings-1-pcs/p-1444440055566-c-12207.htm?tid=-2995175209389124626

Sebastian Wiers

May 8, 2016, 2:06:40 PM5/8/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

Try Cabellas, Joes, or Tractor Supply.  You will be looking for slingshot ammunition.

On May 8, 2016 12:43 PM, <pintst...@gmail.com> wrote:
I printed one of Tulio Laanen's Marble machines only to find that all of my marbles are too big for it! I then made some 3d printed "marbles" but they don't have the weight to load in the spiral elevator right.  The design is made for 3/8" ball bearings and I would like to have them by may 13th for the Maker faire education day.

Does anyone know of a place to buy 3/8" ball bearings around the twin cities?  I can order them from menard's website and pick them up in store but it looks like menards doesn't normally carry them. http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/fasteners-fastener-accessories/specialty-fasteners/bearings/3-8-ball-bearings-1-pcs/p-1444440055566-c-12207.htm?tid=-2995175209389124626

Kelly Murphy

May 8, 2016, 8:57:59 PM5/8/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
The first place I'd look for that would be Ax Man.

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 12:43 PM, <pintst...@gmail.com> wrote:
I printed one of Tulio Laanen's Marble machines only to find that all of my marbles are too big for it! I then made some 3d printed "marbles" but they don't have the weight to load in the spiral elevator right.  The design is made for 3/8" ball bearings and I would like to have them by may 13th for the Maker faire education day.

Does anyone know of a place to buy 3/8" ball bearings around the twin cities?  I can order them from menard's website and pick them up in store but it looks like menards doesn't normally carry them. http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/fasteners-fastener-accessories/specialty-fasteners/bearings/3-8-ball-bearings-1-pcs/p-1444440055566-c-12207.htm?tid=-2995175209389124626

Peter Leppik

May 8, 2016, 8:59:43 PM5/8/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Yes this. Ax Man has bins of ball bearings in various sizes which they sell by the pound. I bought some just today for a 3D printed marble maze, paid $0.29 including tax.

     -Peter

Andrew Berhow

May 8, 2016, 9:04:31 PM5/8/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

Gopher bearing would probably have them in stock, they're just north of university ave and 280. Might not be the cheapest.

http://www.gopherbearing.com