Wood Shop Inventory Day - Wood Shop Closed (And We Need Your Help to Inventory!)

Jonathan Alt

Jun 27, 2017, 2:18:31 PM6/27/17
to tcmaker
What: Wood Shop Inventory Day - Wood Shop Closed
When: Saturday July 8th from 10 am to Whenever it is finished

Until all Items are Inventoried, No Tools will be available for use or taken from the wood shop.

If you Have a Tool on Loan to the Wood Shop - Email Wood...@TCMaker.org so we properly mark your equipment.  Anything I haven't gotten an email on will be assumed as TC Maker Property.

Saturday, July 8th @ 10 am we need help to inventory all tools and items in the wood shop.  If you have a smart phone, bring it along, you will be able to use it to help document equipment in the shop! Don't have a smart phone - no big deal, there will be other tasks as well.

Why are We Doing this?
1) For insurance reasons, we just need a better list of tools in the Wood Shop and their cost
2) We will post the inventory list on the WIKI!!!! (I get lots of comments about "What is in the Shop")
3) We need a better listing of Loaned vs. Owned Tools
4) We will be moving to a cloud based inventory system that will allow us to get reminders on maintenance, track repairs and cost of tools, as well as dispose of assets that break or get taken back by original owners.