Mini Maker Faire at the Fairgrounds: Looking for people and cool things!

vicepr...@tcmaker.org

May 26, 2015, 5:54:17 PM5/26/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
So, as you may know, Make: is running an actual official Mini Maker Faire this weekend at the fairgrounds. Twin Cities Maker has a table, and I'm looking for a few people to help staff it up and to bring some cool things to show off. We have a 10' x 10' space; I'm bringing the Star Trek console that's in the lobby right now.

What's in it for you? Free admission!

If you'd like to help out with the table, or just drop off some stuff for us to show, let me know either here in the group or by email to vicepr...@tcmaker.org

Riley

May 27, 2015, 12:33:11 PM5/27/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

I'm also looking for some volunteers to help with the trebuchet.

It's at least a two man job to operate it.

Scott, are you using the big yellow truck to move the console?

When are you going to the site?

Jer Davis

May 27, 2015, 6:29:28 PM5/27/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure I can help staff. I'll have to check back. I could bring or drop off my 3d throttle to have in the booth. I don't have a demo for it unless I'm able to hang out myself, but people seem to like checking it out regardless.

Scott Hill

May 27, 2015, 6:57:16 PM5/27/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I am using Big Yellow, hoping to have Friday to get stuff moved over. But, if I can't get time off during the day on Friday, I'll be loading the truck Friday night and driving it over very early on Saturday.

--
Vice President, Twin Cities Maker

Scott Hill

May 28, 2015, 10:00:52 PM5/28/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com, and...@berhow.com
We managed to get all the fires at work put out this afternoon, so I'll be taking the day off tomorrow. I'm planning to be at the shop around 10am-ish to load up the truck. Load-in can be done at the fairgrounds until 4PM, and I'd like to get at least some of the stuff over there tomorrow, so as to avoid a crack-of-dawn Saturday wakeup call.

Jer, I'd love to have the throttle. It's small, so I can easily pick it up Saturday morning on my way over. I'll be swinging by the shop to pick up Big Yellow on Saturday anyway so that we can load out after the show.

If anyone wants to help out with the table/booth/etc, let me know. I've already got Obi-Bob an Nick R. on the hook, but I can get another person in there too.
--
Scott Hill
Vice President

Riley

May 29, 2015, 7:42:22 AM5/29/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com, and...@berhow.com

What time are you planning on leaving the shop for.the fairgrounds?

Riley

May 29, 2015, 2:08:22 PM5/29/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Berhow

Scott, I have a very limited window where I can help load and unload, and I can't drive the truck.

I really need to know your time frame.

Is the truck going to be on site at the  fairgrounds Saturday morning? If needed I can unload then.

Please let me know.

Scott Hill

May 29, 2015, 2:25:56 PM5/29/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Berhow, Riley Harrison
Bob and I are on our way over to the fairgrounds now. We'll find out where the trebuchet goes and (probably) unload it, but we don't know how it goes together.

I'll be picking up the truck tomorrow @ 8am from the shop and taking it over to the fairgrounds.

--
Vice President, Twin Cities Maker

Riley

May 29, 2015, 2:29:06 PM5/29/15
to Scott Hill, tcm...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Berhow

Have you already left the shop?

Riley

May 29, 2015, 3:04:53 PM5/29/15
to Scott Hill, tcm...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Berhow

I am still Desperate for help running the trebuchet tomorrow.

I've been super distracted by life events, but with a little help, this could be awesome.

Please get in touch with me, I need bodies and help from 9 am to 6 pm.

Thanks!

Peter Larson

May 29, 2015, 7:14:33 PM5/29/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com, and...@berhow.com, vicepr...@tcmaker.org
I am volunteering for the fair from 11:30-2 but i could probably help out before/after.

Riley

May 29, 2015, 7:30:19 PM5/29/15
to tcm...@googlegroups.com, Andrew Berhow, Scott Hill

That would be awesome Peter.

We will be set up at the tent northwest of the dairy building.

Afternoon might be most useful, but morning would help too.