would like to borrow a 110v (mig or stick) welder

Sebastian Wiers

Jun 24, 2016, 3:49:33 PM6/24/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
The hinge I fabricated for a 14 fooy wide fence on my yard cracked,
but could be fixed with some simple welds. Rather than breaking down
the whole fence to bring in the hinge, I was hoping somebody could
lone me a welder. I think one of the cheap $100 110v flux core jobs
would do, or 110v stick. Gas would also work, though the heat may be
a problem for the wood parts of the fence.

-- Sebastian Wiers

Pete McKenna

Jun 24, 2016, 4:27:06 PM6/24/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Only if you have 220 in the vicinity, went with a slightly larger MIG, and it doesn't do 110.

Pete

-- Sebastian Wiers

Sebastian Wiers

Jun 24, 2016, 5:50:01 PM6/24/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I don't have an outlet, but the gate is quite close to both my main
breaker box and my central ac unit, so installing a 220 outlet might
be a viable option. I'll take look into it and get back to you if I
can't find a simpler option.

-Seb
-- ₴ɘƀᴀᶊŧᵻⱥȵ ₩ἴᶒᵲᴤ
46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
---
"I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
how to use my telephone."
- Bjarne Stroustrup, creator of the C++ programing language

Jeff

Jun 24, 2016, 5:56:31 PM6/24/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
I have a cheap flux core welder from Harbor Freight. I can drop it off
at the Hack Factory tonight. I'll put a note on it and leave it back by
the welding area.

Sebastian Wiers

Jun 24, 2016, 6:17:56 PM6/24/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Jeff - thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'll be at the
cleanup on Saturday, will pick it up then and see how it does.

-Seb

Jeff

Jun 24, 2016, 6:51:29 PM6/24/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Okay, then I'll either bring it in closer to Saturday or bring it in on
Saturday. Do you need a mask? Welding pliers? If you need either I will
have to track them down.

Sebastian Wiers

Jun 24, 2016, 9:22:04 PM6/24/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

Don't need any accessories, I have that stuff... do enough welding at hack factory it was worth having a nice clean mask, etc.