55 Gallon Fiber Drum

David Schuett

Jul 15, 2016, 10:36:11 PM7/15/16
to tcmaker
We are looking at updating the dust collection in the wood shop and I would like to include a 55 gal fiber drum as the collection point. Does anyone have or know where I can find one for a decent price?

I found one on amazon for $75.33 with free shipping and Uline sells them for $58 but they sell a minimum of 2 and we don't really need the second one at this time. Not to mention they also charge freight shipping.

So if anyone knows somewhere locally that sell them for cheap or has one sitting around, let me know.

orion

Jul 16, 2016, 1:11:33 AM7/16/16
to tcmaker
You mean like the ones we have for trash now? Then amazon is going to be the best bet.

zranger

Jul 16, 2016, 8:55:16 AM7/16/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com

Uline has a warehouse in eagan.  They may sell them single and as a npo we do not pay sales tax.

There also is a company off 280 near raymond ave that sells containers but they used to be on the high side of price, but were local and stocked.

Lastly menards used to sell them, listed as cisterns.

orion

zranger

Jul 17, 2016, 2:22:20 PM7/17/16
to tcm...@googlegroups.com
Guess its been a while since I was there.

The place off of 280 is Midway Container.
2341 Hampden Ave W, St Paul, MN 55114

David Schuett

Jul 18, 2016, 12:35:30 PM7/18/16
to tcmaker
We need a fiber drum not a poly drum. The ones made out of cardboard. Static becomes too much of an issue with the plastic drums. Uline is in Hudson now and according to their website you have to buy 2. I'll shoot them an email and ask if they will let me buy one if I pick it up. Otherwise I will contact Midway Container and get a price.

--Martin--

Jul 25, 2016, 2:20:56 AM7/25/16
to tcmaker
Sterling Supply in NE Minneapolis sells their used 55gal metal drums for around $20. They are used for sandblasting supplies and the like, so no crazy chemicals.

David Schuett

Jul 25, 2016, 7:41:58 PM7/25/16
to tcmaker
I'm worried about weight being an issue with a metal drum since it will need to be carried to the dumpster to empty it. Thanks for the heads up though. Could come in handy for other projects.