GBSSeqToTagDBPlugin: Error in Reading Annotated Taxon File:sample_key.txt

xyl

Feb 27, 2015, 6:49:09 PM2/27/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
when I run first step in GBSv2 pipeline, I encountered this error.

The command I used:
run_pipeline.pl -fork1 -GBSSeqToTagDBPlugin -e ApeKI -i data -k sample_key.txt -o gbsV2db -mxTagL 64 -mnTagL 20 -mnQS 20 -endPlugin -runfork1

exerpt from error:
Error in Reading Annotated Taxon File:sample_key.txt
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)
at net.maizegenetics.taxa.TaxaListIOUtils.readTaxaAnnotationFile(TaxaListIOUtils.java:277)
at net.maizegenetics.analysis.gbs.v2.GBSSeqToTagDBPlugin.processData(GBSSeqToTagDBPlugin.java:93)
at net.maizegenetics.plugindef.AbstractPlugin.performFunction(AbstractPlugin.java:94)
at net.maizegenetics.plugindef.AbstractPlugin.dataSetReturned(AbstractPlugin.java:1444)
at net.maizegenetics.plugindef.ThreadedPluginListener.run(ThreadedPluginListener.java:29)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

a paired end sequences in the data folder:

TomatoBC2F6_NoIndex_L001_R1_001.fastq.gz
TomatoBC2F6_NoIndex_L001_R2_001.fastq.gz

and here are first few lines in the sample_key.txt file, which worked fine with tassel3 GBS pipeline:

Flowcell Lane Barcode Sample PlateName Row Column LibraryPrepID
BC5YCLACXX 1 CTCC 8_S_1001 TomatoBC2F6 A 1 1100
BC5YCLACXX 1 TGCA 12_S_1798 TomatoBC2F6 A 2 1101
BC5YCLACXX 1 ACTA BC2F6_9057 TomatoBC2F6 A 3 1102
BC5YCLACXX 1 CAGA BC2F6_9058 TomatoBC2F6 A 4 1103
BC5YCLACXX 1 AACT BC2F6_9060 TomatoBC2F6 A 5 1104
BC5YCLACXX 1 GCGT BC2F6_9061 TomatoBC2F6 A 6 1105
BC5YCLACXX 1 TGCGA BC2F6_9062 TomatoBC2F6 A 7 1106
BC5YCLACXX 1 CGAT BC2F6_9064 TomatoBC2F6 A 8 1107
BC5YCLACXX 1 CGCTT BC2F6_9065 TomatoBC2F6 A 9 1108

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Jurgens de Bruin

Mar 2, 2015, 4:30:43 AM3/2/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am having the same problem and would also appreciate any help on this.

Lynn Carol Johnson

Mar 2, 2015, 9:51:42 AM3/2/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Will you try adding a “FullSampleName” column to your key file and re-running the test?

xyl

Mar 2, 2015, 10:05:14 AM3/2/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com, lc...@cornell.edu
Does position of column important?

and, does FullSampleName look like this: BC2F6_9058:BC5YCLACXX:1:1103 ?

Thanks!

Lynn Carol Johnson

Mar 2, 2015, 10:46:51 AM3/2/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Position of the column isn’t important.  The FullSampleName should be in the form of <SampleName>:<LibraryPrepID>.

I will update the wiki to include this information.

Lynn

Jeff Glaubitz

Mar 2, 2015, 11:09:27 AM3/2/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com

For example,

BC2F6_9058:1103

The angle brackets <> are meant to indicate that the value is up to the user to supply.

Best,

Jeff

Lynn Carol Johnson

Mar 2, 2015, 12:13:15 PM3/2/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Also, this is not a required form.  You can have other data included as per the examples below (taken from the tassel-5-test Pipeline_testing_key.txt example).  What you showed would be fine.

B73C05F2ACXX:5:250020986
Mo17:C05F2ACXX:5:250020994

Date: Monday, March 2, 2015 at 11:09 AM
To: "tas...@googlegroups.com" <tas...@googlegroups.com>

Elhan Ersoz

Mar 26, 2015, 12:01:04 PM3/26/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I was just working on setting up the TASSEL5-GBS pipeline. I found a typo in the documentation at the wiki
flag option read
-db <Output Database File> : Output Database File (REQUIRED)

However this generates
[main] ERROR net.maizegenetics.plugindef.AbstractPlugin - Unrecognized argument: -db

the flag based on the Plugin description should be
-o <Output Database File> : Output Database File (required)

Posting here incase anyone else encounters the same issue following the wiki pages.
-Elhan

Terry Casstevens

Mar 26, 2015, 12:09:01 PM3/26/15
to Tassel User Group
Sorry Elhan, documentation is right. New build of Tassel 5 coming
today that will match.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tassel/ff259808-4041-4924-8e2e-553feea53aab%40googlegroups.com.

Elhan Ersoz

Mar 26, 2015, 1:36:13 PM3/26/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
OK. I will wait until and install the new build then.
Thanks Terry!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "TASSEL - Trait Analysis by Association, Evolution and Linkage" group.

chri...@yahoo.com.br

Sep 21, 2016, 2:26:55 PM9/21/16
to TASSEL - Trait Analysis by Association, Evolution and Linkage, lc...@cornell.edu
Hi,
Just check if your key file has an empty last line. If yes, remove it. Also, add the FullSampleName column as mentioned.
It worked for me...

Cheers
Chris.