Error when converting SAM to TOPM using TASSEL 5.2.18

Arthur Porto

Dec 17, 2015, 5:28:08 PM12/17/15
to TASSEL - Trait Analysis by Association, Evolution and Linkage
Hi,
I have a small SAM file  that I want to convert to TOPM (see file attached). However, every time I try to convert it using TASSEL, i get the following error:

[main] INFO net.maizegenetics.tassel.TasselLogging - Tassel Version: 5.2.18  Date: December 10, 2015
[main] INFO net.maizegenetics.tassel.TasselLogging - Max Available Memory Reported by JVM: 10670 MB
[main] INFO net.maizegenetics.tassel.TasselLogging - Java Version: 1.8.0_20
[main] INFO net.maizegenetics.tassel.TasselLogging - OS: Windows 7
[main] INFO net.maizegenetics.tassel.TasselLogging - Number of Processors: 8
[Thread-5] INFO net.maizegenetics.plugindef.AbstractPlugin - net.maizegenetics.analysis.data.FileLoadPlugin  Citation: Bradbury PJ, Zhang Z, Kroon DE, Casstevens TM, Ramdoss Y, Buckler ES. (2007) TASSEL: Software for association mapping of complex traits in diverse samples. Bioinformatics 23:2633-2635.
[Thread-6] INFO net.maizegenetics.plugindef.AbstractPlugin - Starting net.maizegenetics.analysis.gbs.SAMConverterPlugin: time: Dec 17, 2015 16:01:47
[Thread-6] INFO net.maizegenetics.plugindef.AbstractPlugin -
SAMConverterPlugin Parameters
i: C:\Users\Arthur\momDom9.sam
o: C:\Users\Arthur\9.topm.bin
l: 2
t: false

Reading SAM format tag alignment from: C:\Users\Arthur\momDom9.sam
Found 3393 tags in SAM file.  Assuming BWA file format.

Catch in reading SAM alignment file at tag 0:
length=64count=1 16 9 5954 1 64M * 0 0 GTTTGTATGATCAGTTATAATTACAGCCGTGCTTCTACTACTGCCTCTTCCAGTTCTAGCTGCA ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff AS:i:-6 XS:i:-6 XN:i:0 XM:i:1 XO:i:0 XG:i:0 NM:i:1 MD:Z:43T20 YT:Z:UU
Error: java.lang.NullPointerException

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.maizegenetics.dna.map.TagsOnPhysicalMap.parseSAMAlignment(TagsOnPhysicalMap.java:597)
at net.maizegenetics.dna.map.TagsOnPhysicalMap.readSAMFile(TagsOnPhysicalMap.java:531)
at net.maizegenetics.analysis.gbs.SAMConverterPlugin.processData(SAMConverterPlugin.java:69)
at net.maizegenetics.plugindef.AbstractPlugin.performFunction(AbstractPlugin.java:110)
at net.maizegenetics.plugindef.AbstractPlugin.dataSetReturned(AbstractPlugin.java:1631)
at net.maizegenetics.plugindef.ThreadedPluginListener.run(ThreadedPluginListener.java:29)

Any idea of what the error might be?
Thanks,
Arthur

momDom9.sam
Message has been deleted

Arthur Porto

Sep 17, 2016, 2:54:22 AM9/17/16
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Not really. I just started from scratch and things ended up working, I think it was related to the way the chromosomes were named in the sam file.

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 5:23 PM, GPetersen <gertje_...@gmx.de> wrote:
Hi Arthur,

Di you ever solve this problem? - I get the same error messages...

Thanks,

Gertje

Jeff Glaubitz