Support for selection, selectionArgs and limit in ContentProvider

deni...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2018, 4:08:08 AM3/13/18
to Tasker - Developers
Tasker content provider supports uri and projection spec only. I can get all the tasks with the current spec but I would like to search through the tasks. Currently I have to query the tasks, save the tasks in my own database and query my database.

João Dias

Mar 13, 2018, 5:47:36 AM3/13/18
to task...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the suggestions. Why exactly do you need to query the tasks from your app?

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 8:08 AM, <deni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tasker content provider supports uri and projection spec only. I can get all the tasks with the current spec but I would like to search through the tasks. Currently I have to query the tasks, save the tasks in my own database and query my database.

deni...@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2018, 10:32:49 AM3/13/18
to Tasker - Developers
Fast Finder app allows users to search apps, songs, videos and files. It can also search and run Tasker tasks. Users love this functionality of the app.
Without the requested functionality, I have to query tasks and store on my database. There is also an issue of checking tasks regularly. Whenever user starts the app, I have to check if there's new task and update the database again.

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 at 3:17:36 PM UTC+5:30, joaomgcd wrote:
Thank you for the suggestions. Why exactly do you need to query the tasks from your app?
On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 8:08 AM, <deni...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tasker content provider supports uri and projection spec only. I can get all the tasks with the current spec but I would like to search through the tasks. Currently I have to query the tasks, save the tasks in my own database and query my database.

João Dias

Mar 14, 2018, 6:15:54 AM3/14/18
to task...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the explanation. I'll take that into consideration. Have you considered implementing a plugin though?

deni...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2018, 10:01:40 AM3/14/18
to Tasker - Developers
Thanks for your prompt reply.
I have considered plugin before but have decided not to implement it. The reason is that it doesn't match with the functionality of the app. Search and run task can be done more elegantly and efficiently with the requested feature.